• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CruiseControl won't work

Muddy-93

NAXJA Forum User
Hi folks!
Why won't my CC work? Vacuum hoses are OK, so are all the fuses. Please give me som checkpoints...
My rig is a -94 Ltd with a 4l HO.

Have you checked for fault codes with the key dance and flashing CEL light?

A bad Speed Sensor will NOT allow the CC to work and will store a code in the chrysler PCM system. Even if your Speedo is working fine, the sensor can be bad and NOT let the CC work.

Check the fuses, might have one blown.

If your heat/ac/vent doors open and close, especially with the engine off, then your vacuum reservoir should be good, as well as the lines up to the heat/ac system at least. You said you checked the lines to the CC, so unless you missed something, check the vent/ac/heat doors open/close with the engine off ought to rule vacuum out.

Everything about the vacuum checks out. Went through the entire system a couple a months ago. I had no vacuum at all, caused by a clogged vacuum-connector on the intakemanifold. All fuses are OK. My Check Engine Lamp reports '55', so nothing seems to be wrong. Is there anyway I can force the Vacuum-motor on the CC to move, just to verify that it works? The wire that runs from the vacuum-motor is very loose. Is this right? I can pull 1/2 inch of slack.

Back