• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Crown leaf springs

Take the two longest (main) leafs out of your old stock springs and cut off the bushing "eyes".
Remove the clamps and center pins from your new springs, then add the old leafs beneath the new main leafs using new center pins.
Leave a little extra length (.5" of threads) on the center pins in case you need to shim up the rear with some 6" pieces of spring stock.
(now would be the time to remove the rear sway-bar if you have one)
You'll need to make up or source some new clamps, but the result will be worth it if you're not wanting to lift more than two inches.

This mod coupled with the 5208 8363 ZJ V8 front coils + a set of JK take-off shocks is roughly the equivalent of a budget HD Old Man Emu lift.
The shocks can be modified to work with a vice or c-clamp and socket/extension and re-using the old bar pins from the stock fronts.

This is more than you asked for, but I've done this mod a half-dozen times and it works well on daily drivers that play in the dirt on occasion.

Another option is to just leave the existing main leafs intact and cut the eyes off the new main leafs. If done this way there is no fighting potetially seized bolts.

Don't confuse him... :looney:

His new packs are already installed.
He should leave the new mains installed as you say, but add in the old main leafs.

He's probably sorry he posted the topic by now... :rolleyes:

Don't confuse him... :looney:

His new packs are already installed.
He should leave the new mains installed as you say, but add in the old main leafs.

He's probably sorry he posted the topic by now... :rolleyes:
Haha nah. I'm happy anybody is responding to me! Just wish I knew more. I don't have my old leafs.

What's the issue (if any) to how they are now?
I guess putting a heavy camping load or something back there whould cause it I sag sooner than a more arched spring?

Adding extra main leafs to new packs really seems to slow the sagging process down.

Hell, adding sagging mains to sagging packs will even make a noticeable difference.

If you're going to haul heavy stuff around on occasion, it's a great mod.
I like putting the ZJ coils on to balance out the ride, if nothing else.

Last edited:
Back