• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cross Pin Failure (pics inside)

I thought the same thing. I couldn't find any documentation about installation. I wonder if the clutch packs stay or go.

Would the LSD still work? I am guessing it all comes out.

Would the LSD still work? I am guessing it all comes out.

I would think it all came out too.

But the clutch packs are separate from the side gear area where you'd install the locker. I don't know enough about the carrier to know how it would all go together. I suppose you'd have to have some kind of collar or spacer that replaced the clutches.

I think that the LSD comes completely out. But I haven't received the instructions yet to see exactly what this project entails.

Well I guess the guys who did my regear didn't take the LSD like I asked. Oh well.

A new cross pin will probably be my best option, gotta save some money. Where can I pick up new spider gears as well?

There is no way just to remove the limited slip with the 8.8 and use it as an open differential with that carrier. A new carrier would have to be purchased.....a non Trac-Lok carrier.....

There will be clutch packs and metal shims on either side of the spider gears. Should be an equal amount on both sides.

Back