• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Crank Sensor replaced still no start

Holy Crap not the ecu either 492AE if anyone is looking for one 125cad that should be about 10usd :) Cam sensor tomorrow and day after BBQ Jeep !

I just threw in an ECU I got off of ebay and my junk still isnt starting and Im still getting no power to my coil. I have checked the wires in the harness, cleaned all grounds that I have seen, still nothing. i have no idea wha to do now. however, before today the check engine light was going off after a few seconds off power being on, today it stayed on

Get out your meter and see if you even have power at the ASD relay socket. You should see power at either pin 30 or 87. Those are the two that get connected when power is applied across pins 86 and 85. If you have power across 85/86 (to trip the relay) and power at either 30 or 87, and still no voltage at the coil, then either the relay is bad (does it click?) or its a wiring problem.

Funny you should mention this, I replaced my CPS about two weeks ago. All of a sudden tonight it died and wouldn't start, then started, died again about a mile later, wouldn't start for about 15 minutes, started again for about a block, died, started again, and died in front of my house.

Are you getting fuel? I couldn't hear my fuel pump priming when you initially turn the key to the "on" position. Also my PCM was emitting a small buzzing sound of some sort. Not to steal your thread, I think I am going to start one for myself perhaps.....

Did you ever look into replacing that sensor beneath the distributor cap?

Get out your meter and see if you even have power at the ASD relay socket. You should see power at either pin 30 or 87. Those are the two that get connected when power is applied across pins 86 and 85. If you have power across 85/86 (to trip the relay) and power at either 30 or 87, and still no voltage at the coil, then either the relay is bad (does it click?) or its a wiring problem.
between 86 and 86 I have 12 volts there and about across 30 and 87a I have 1.86 volt any ideas ?

Sent it out to a shop they found not one, nor two but three chafed/broken wires in the harness under the hood everything is soldered and retaped all seems well.

Back