• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Coyote Canyon this Saturday

Ronbo

NAXJA Forum User
I know this is last second, but if anyone is interested in heading out to Anza Borrego Saturday morning, feel free to join in.
This would be considered easy stuff, but it has become more of a Spring tradition for our family than a hardcore event. I will be at Christmas Circle in Borrego Springs around 8-8:30am and heading up Coyote Canyon to Sheep Canyon, over to Middle Willows. Eventually we'll head back out, then maybe over to Clark Dry Lake and on to the Calcite Mine.
There is no schedule, as there are many things to explore or hike in all these areas, and we'll just play it by ear. This isn't an official run, feel free to follow along or detour wherever you want.
There are palm groves, springs, hiking trails, a few water crossings and other stuff to see. Most of the trails should be easy, but spring rains change things and I haven't been out there in a while. Bring lunch and drinks and whatever else you need for a day out.
Family, kids etc, all welcome. Post up or pm if you need info!

Hmm, I might be up for that. I used to run/camp Coyote Canyon every Thanksgiving before they closed it halfway through. Yeah, the hike up Sheep Canyon to the palm stands is pretty cool. There is some really good wheeling in the upper half of the canyon. All the signs for Horse Canyon have been removed but, there is some really cool rock crawling way up canyon (definitely need a locker) where the rangers can't follow :D and I always see the same herd of wild mustangs up Alder Canyon........I wish it was still open all the way through--------Hans

You guys should hit up CORVA's Truckhaven Challenge when your done. We are just down S22 at Holly rd. Great poker run, raffle, barbeque dinner and it goes to a great cause, keeping our lands open for off-roading. (Even though we lost when we sued to open Coyote Canyon back up)

Back