• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cowl Hood Wiper Arm Clearance

Yep. He surprises me more and more lately. But don't tell him that. :cheers:

hey now....

we've established that I'm young green whipper-snapper, and an a-hole to boot. don't go lettin people know otherwise!:twak:

I still vote for the wiper motors on top! The wipers would be shadowed by the visor and make the jeep look much cleaner ;) I have a visor as well with marker lights so I know how much room is up there! haha.

Yep. He surprises me more and more lately. But don't tell him that. :cheers:

But of course this idea would not have worked in my case since I had the Redline struts. :laugh3:

relocate the upper mount of the strut towards the front of the cowl. or the lower mount of the strut towards the firewall.

either way, that will lose a certain amount of lifting ability. 1" relocation should net 1" "clearance" on the wiper arms.

I put '97 xj rear struts on the hood of my '87 mj. from that, I learned you can place their mounting locations anywhere you'd like.

Not any more. That rep is history in my book. Seriously, you cut through the BS and see an obvious solution to problems that others do not. Anyhow, we'll talk more back home. ;)

tenfer boss.

-Pat

relocate the upper mount of the strut towards the front of the cowl. or the lower mount of the strut towards the firewall.

either way, that will lose a certain amount of lifting ability. 1" relocation should net 1" "clearance" on the wiper arms.

I put '97 xj rear struts on the hood of my '87 mj. from that, I learned you can place their mounting locations anywhere you'd like.

do you have a picture of how you mounted them?? I have some extra struts that I would like to use for that.

do you have a picture of how you mounted them?? I have some extra struts that I would like to use for that.
100_0722.jpg

100_0721.jpg

100_0724.jpg

100_0720.jpg

Back