• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Couple of paint questions

I painted wifes XJ and my MJ ,bought a $119. paint kit from here and its enough to paint two Jeeps
http://www.tcpglobal.com/restorationshop/itemdetail.aspx?itemno=RSP+AU2510-KIT-M

Sanded down the factory clear till I got all the clear off. cleaned it taped it up and sprayed it. it turned out good. this is a Jeep that get off road a lot, so no need to try and make fantastic paint job..but it turned out really nice. now this was single stage URETHANE, next project I will use the two stage. it would be easier. as for the harder concern you just need to buy a Respirator got mine at Napa for $30.00. with supplies and paint kit I spent about $250.00 to paint this XJ and my MJ. so you can do it and do it cheap. I didn't try to make show rigs out of them as they are wheelers.
Before
265920773.jpg

After
385576149.jpg

379531987.jpg

as for the harder concern you just need to buy a Respirator got mine at Napa for $30.00. with supplies and paint kit I spent about $250.00 to paint this XJ and my MJ. so you can do it and do it chea

Win. HUGE improvement man.

Back