• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Couple of Armor ???'s

bshaw

NAXJA Forum User
Did some searching and really could not find any answers. Two questions.

1. Does OEM skid plates hold up as well as after market products?

2. If you have a long arm kit installed, do you get any protection for the t-case or tranny? Basically does the cross member act as a skid or not?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

The crossmember isn't really in a good position to act as a skidplate for the t-case. I've got a Skid Row skidplate and like it. The only thing that I don't like about it is that's it's designed for an XJ with a lowered t-case so I lose a little ground clearance. Since the t-case housing is made of aluminum I'd definitely get a skidplate to cover it. Also the rocker panels are pretty vulnerable, so I'd look into some rock rails for those as well.

Robert

bshaw said:
Did some searching and really could not find any answers. Two questions.

1. Does OEM skid plates hold up as well as after market products?

2. If you have a long arm kit installed, do you get any protection for the t-case or tranny? Basically does the cross member act as a skid or not?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

1. No, but the OEM skids aren't bad...

2. Depends on which long-arm kit you get... with some some do, and some you don't.

I highly recommend dpg offroad/rock lizard fab (marty) t-case skid. Just got mine in and it is a work of art. Doing business with him was real easy too as he emailed me right back. He guaranteed my skid to be at my house that next thursday or friday and it showed up early thursday---a man of his word---------Kyle

offroadman83 said:
I highly recommend dpg offroad/rock lizard fab (marty) t-case skid. Just got mine in and it is a work of art. Doing business with him was real easy too as he emailed me right back. He guaranteed my skid to be at my house that next thursday or friday and it showed up early thursday---a man of his word---------Kyle
I'll second that,Dirk is the man.......he gave me the best deal on my re 5.5 lift, only 1339.00 to my door!!

Back