• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Counting down to opening day

xjcase

NAXJA Forum User
Well Colorado Chapter,

Seeing as we live in arguably the best state to ski in, how many of us are counting down the days till the slopes are open?

I know that I am - and will be riding opening day if I can - albeit on the white ribbon of death - I'm pretty good at dodging the incapable skiers/snowboarders out there.

Here is a video of me and my roomates/friends from last season - just to get everyone stoked.

the snowboarder in the tan and the white pants is me.

clicky

http://vimeo.com/15845925
don't hate me for wearing baggy clothing

Hit me up when yall go up!
I tried to get a m&g together on the slopes last season but there wasn't much interest, gonna try again this season.

I've been boarding one time in my life, several years ago. Since moving to the Metro area nearly 5 years ago, I keep telling myself i'm going to take advantage of living close to the mountains and go boarding. I plan to make that happen this season. I recall a few on here trying to get a group to go last year, wouldn't mind attempting that again this year, hopefully get a few that don't know what they are doing, so i'm not the only one lol.

let me know, im totally in. i have a board my buddy hooked me up with, dont think its worth a damn, but roughly right size and price was right. lol
and i just got heather an Arbor board so she cant wait to get out on it!
wheres a good place to go for the first time?

My favorite by far is Breck. I usually go up earlyish and hit Breck all day, then when they close I head over to Keystone for some night boarding.

Never been to breck... Hope i get some time this year to go up at least a few times. Maybe ill save some money and get a pass... But Ill be happy just to go once...

Never been to breck... Hope i get some time this year to go up at least a few times. Maybe ill save some money and get a pass... But Ill be happy just to go once...

I'll hit ya up when I go... I've got an extra board you can use

We may just have to try the meet an greet on the slopes agiain. I think that would be pretty cool. Bring a grill and a few people bring dogs and burgers and we could have a great time. then all hit the slopes together

well not for us who have been doing it for quite a few years :rolleyes:

Dont worry I would make sure to film you falling and rolling down the slopes. Then wate till your at the bottom and come flying down the hill and spray you all with snow lol :D:

thats not nice, arent you supposed to be nice to newbs like me
Don't worry dude im not that great either. I still know my way around the board though. First board i used (which justin has now) is the one i learned on. When i went on my new board i LOVED it. Felt so much better then catchin an edge every 100 feet... :D

Back