• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Corral Canyon New Trail Clearing work party

Mikegyver1

NAXJA Forum User
Terra Del Sol is asking for volunteers to help with trail clearing.

Date: Oct. 3rd and Nov 7th
Where: Corral Canyon
Time: 8am

If you have a shovel, loppers it might be good to bring them as well as the glasses and gloves.
if not no biggie they will have them.

Bring Drinking water maybe warm out there.. mid 80s

Here is a map of the area if your running late... we will be on trail #11
http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/cleveland/recreation/ohv/corralmap.shtml

Here's your chance to be part of history...:yelclap: How many people can say they had something to do with opening a new (legal) trail in California? In a time when trails are being closed all around us.. !!!1

I think I'm getting an XJ Sunday. I'd love to bring the family and test it out to see if it's up for the task.

Just curious, are there any trail signs that might need to be painted that could be all washed out due to weather wear?

Ps. could make the 7th. :)

Yep.. the trail we will be working on has been cut approx 3/4 mile in so far and the exit is still far from site. here is a video of what it looks like so far.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUnoDD2l3TA

Awesome! Looks like a fun trail.

So, I assume the trail start from or near Gunslinger... where will it end? Do you have a map that shows the plan?

How late will you be out there on Sunday?

Awesome! Looks like a fun trail.

So, I assume the trail start from or near Gunslinger... where will it end? Do you have a map that shows the plan?

How late will you be out there on Sunday?
Here is a link to the new trail system. We are currently working in quadrant #9 the tan / beige dashed lines.

Think the plan is to work maybe 4hr or till it get to hot. This is volunteer work so only work as long and hard as you want to.

Here is a link to the new trail system. We are currently working in quadrant #9 the tan / beige dashed lines.

Think the plan is to work maybe 4hr or till it get to hot. This is volunteer work so only work as long and hard as you want to.

Link??

How did you make that happen?

How did I make it happen... ?? Getting involved.. Supporting groups like San Diego Off Road Coalition http://www.sdorc.org/membership.htm
My part is volunteering my time helping with building the new trails and supporting SDORC.. If you think $25 won't make a differance think again. I feel that I'm getting my monies worth. :yelclap: Getting to this point was the hard work put forward by the members of off road groups here in San Diego (TDS, SCUFF, SDORC, Richard Tull (Corral Canyons lead Ranger), Jan McGarvie, Yahama and I'm sure a few others..:party: :farmer:

Went out and did some trail clearing today on trail 911B at the southern end. Bo Neece and company pulled stumps via the winch and chain, worked very well... I trimmed and groomed the ground ahead of them.. Hiked the trail in about 500ft. one obstacle after the next with lines from mild to wild I can see this is going to be my new favorite sorry didn't bring the camera. so this is all I took. I'll see if Mr. Bash gets any posted up in the next day or so.. 3hr drive home for thoses guys. We wheeled Bronco Flats and up Bronco Peak.. Good Times
biggrin.gif

Didn't have much of a turnout 6 guys... We could use some help come Nov. 7th ... I'll post up the next date.. come check it out next time your out there and wheel what has been started :wave:

1003101055.jpg

I am looking forward to Nov 7th, gonna try and get my brother to come help.

I just have a stock ZJ so im hoping someone can give us a lift from the dirt lot before the trails...

Back