• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cooper Discoverer ATR

Let us know what you think of those Cooper Discoverer ATRs.
I'll be needing to replace my tires in a couple months.

The tread pattern on those Discoverer ATRs are very similar to the tread pattern on the tires I have now, Bridgestone Dueler A/T.
I really like the Dueler A/Ts. I have Pirelli Scorpion A/T prior to the Duelers and just got tired of all the vibration and balancing problems with those.
If the the Discoverer ATR are priced similar or lower that the Dueler A/Ts, I may consider them.

Got the Coopers on the XJ today. Have not put more then 10 miles on them, but so far so good. Nice ride with plenty of tread. Excellent road handling at higher speeds. Not noisy either. And they look great!
Very happy with them. Now if we'd just get some snow......

Let us know how they hold up and all. ;)
These are the last Coopers I had...............
discovererLT.jpg

Loved 'em.

I run the stt on my xj and love them. I wheel my xj really hard and they have never failed me on the trails. only problem I've had is the every once in a while nail, lol. I've run the mastercrafts too and did not like them.

OK, just an update since I started this thread last year. I've put about 8000 miles on the Cooper ATR's. They balance up great, Great road handling. Low noise. Teriffic tread wear. And they grip like mad in the snow. I will definatly buy these again in the future no matter what 4x4 I am driving.

Bustednutz: I too am strongly considering the ATR, along with the BFG's, Michelin's and Bridgestones. Also rubber from a large tire dealer here in the west called Les Schwab who buys their tires from Toyo I believe.

I have had 3 sets of Coopers on my XJ, 7 total on my various rigs over the last 14 years and I love them. Right now, I have the AT's on it. 47,000 miles. Great off-road tires. I drive on rocks and in various trail conditions. Oh yeah, just the other day I pulled a toy-ota out of a bad spot, too.

Tell me, have you had your ATR's off-road yet? What kind of roads/trails have you taken them on???

--black89xj

Back