• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cookie monster (lets hear some opinions on this)

jeepinandy

NAXJA Forum User
DONT HATE ME OVER THIS BUT COMEON IT'S COOKIE MONSTER NOT HEALTH FOOD MONSTER I know this post will probably stir up a big stink. But i was watching the local news and after 36 years cookie monster is going to start eating healthy food.. here we go again with the to many overweight kids. I know there are some that cant help being overweight (health problems) but dont take it out on cookie monster. he's been eating cookies for 36 years he dont look to overwight to me.. the problem to me is simple some kids just dont get enough excercise (computers video games and such)

Well, I grew up as a fat kid, and didnt get in to shape until the Army kicked my ass.

The only reason I was fat was that I was lazy, and my parents didnt want to hurt my feelings by telling me how I really was.

It comes down to parents...plain and simple.

Fergie

the problem with obesity and kids is simple.... fast food. one meal at mcdonalds can contain 1500 calories EASY.

That and to much TV and no worky

jeepinandy said:
SALUTE FERGIE and everyone else that is/has served in the forces
No credit here...sorry, other people deserve it but not me.

Medical discharge a few months before active duty.

Fergie

Cookie Monster chomped cookies, but never swallowed anything. Those fat little kids should try the same thing.

P.S. I was a fat "Baby Huey" looking kid. Cookie Monster had nothing to do with it.

ChuckD said:
Not true on that video game part. That dance game can really burn those Cals!

This post is worthless without .vid of you dancing..........

Except for the small percent of overweight kids that suffer from some type of metabolic disfunction, their weight is relative to the parenting deployed.

First they make Cookie Monster into Low Cal Monster, next we'll have Average Size Bird so not to offend those that are larger or smaller, and let's not leave out the ever popular Oscar the Annoyingly Happy who showers twice a day, hands out flowers to everyone and exudes positive and uplifting dialogue to all whom he meets. Can't wait to see what they find wrong with Elmo...........took them 35 years to figure out that Sesame Street has an evil hidden agenda......

Last edited:
Sadly I feel that mastering the English language is more important than worrying about obese children. Nothing screams 'I'm uneducated and don't know it!' like horrible grammar.

What say you of horrible spelling and multiple grammatical errors? Do you blame your parents? I blame TV and not enough reading.

ECKSJAY said:
Sadly I feel that mastering the English language is more important than worrying about obese children. Nothing screams 'I'm uneducated and don't know it!' like horrible grammar.

What say you of horrible spelling and multiple grammatical errors? Do you blame your parents? I blame TV and not enough reading.
That is a good point, as not knowing how to write is becoming a major problem in college.

The main complaint that recruiting employers have is that graduates do not know how to write in a professional manner, and the grads are making themselves look bad, and the companies too.

I drive my wife and other folks nuts because I correct grammar without thinking sometimes, and they think I am being an ass. Then again, they bring papers to me to review for spelling and grammar.

My main gripe is when folks can not stay in one tense while writing.

Fergie

ECKSJAY said:

Actuallty after raising 2 boys to adulthood and watching our inadequite school system not care if a paper written used correct grammer or not, it is up to parents and other family members to make the corrections as they grow up!

You cant blame TV or lack of reading for a parents lack of involvement.

Kids will mimic what they see at home, you reap what you sow!

Both my boys use correct grammer and are polite and kind in public....or I will still kick their butts.

xjnation said:
Kids will mimic what they see at home, you reap what you sow!

Both my boys use correct grammer and are polite and kind in public....or I will still kick their butts.

So what's your excuse then?

Frank Oz,
oz_frank.jpg

Oz.gif
the original cookie monster puppeteer, also played many other characters, including Miss Piggy, Fozzie, Animal, Grover, Bert, and Yoda.

Eat cookies for lunch, we shall.
frank_oz2.jpg

Making cookie monster eat healthy says this to me: TV is raising our kids not their parents. I've got a 2 year old and a newborn and I'm going to raise them, not TV. My 2 year old mimics everything I do, so I'm very careful what I do and say around him. I'm eating healthier now than I ever have because I know he's watching me to see what I like. I also feel the legal system has royally messed up our society. You shouldn't be allowed to sue McDonalds for your overweight child if you were the one ordering for him!

DaveD912 said:
Making cookie monster eat healthy says this to me: TV is raising our kids not their parents. I've got a 2 year old and a newborn and I'm going to raise them, not TV. My 2 year old mimics everything I do, so I'm very careful what I do and say around him. I'm eating healthier now than I ever have because I know he's watching me to see what I like. I also feel the legal system has royally messed up our society. You shouldn't be allowed to sue McDonalds for your overweight child if you were the one ordering for him!

X2..............our attitude will change when you have your own rugrats ecksay

Back