• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Control Arm Question

sm.mcnair

NAXJA Forum User
I know this is a very common question but...

I'm looking at the DPG Offroad 3.5" OME lift kit for this summer, and am wondering about the need of new/longer control arms.

Thoughts? Opinions?

Didn't you just ask this on cherokee forum? Lol.

You don't HAVE to have em..but you should. It will ride better and you'll gain some articulation.

If you do run stock arms (which I hope you don't) you can trim some of the area near the shock mount so that the arm doesn't contact it during droop.

Btw...your dropping all that money on an ome kit but won't spend 150 extra for some Lcas???

Didn't you just ask this on cherokee forum? Lol.

You don't HAVE to have em..but you should. It will ride better and you'll gain some articulation.

If you do run stock arms (which I hope you don't) you can trim some of the area near the shock mount so that the arm doesn't contact it during droop.

Btw...your dropping all that money on an ome kit but won't spend 150 extra for some Lcas???

Yes I did...making sure I ask plenty of questions haha.

well my next question is...can I run adjustable arms in the existing mounts? I've been doing intermittent research and shopping when I can, not a lot of free time (last semester of college). But I've found a lot of different control arm options, and I'm not quite sure what to make of 'em. there's some that seem to use the existing mounts, like the crown automotive in the 1st link below. others need new mounts, such as the Serious long arms upgrade kit, 2nd link below. but that's $750, and for 4"-7.5" lifts.

I guess I really just need some more specific info on how the different options are used.

http://www.quadratec.com/products/56015_6000.htm

http://www.seriousoffroadproducts.c...it-For-Existing-4-7.5-S-A-Lift?cPath=419_2040

Just get some rubicon express arms from serious. Superflex or super ride..your choice. Short arms utilize the stock mounts. Long arms move the mounting point further back. Long arms are superior but not necessary.

Just get some rubicon express arms from serious. Superflex or super ride..your choice. Short arms utilize the stock mounts. Long arms move the mounting point further back. Long arms are superior but not necessary.

i have the superflex arms, nonadjustable.

the lowers are the exact same length as stock. the uppers are 0.5" longer, my guess is to correct caster, because the stock adjuster on the lower arm frame side mount is maxed out. but your gaining a lot of strength, ive seen stock arms fold from mild wheeling. and you remedy all/most the problems stated with stock arms.

I would recommend calling Dirk at DPG since you plan on ordering from him anyway he is a great guy and will set you up with what you need .

That's what i did when i was starting this thing out .
(and countless hours on here searching)

Here's My build thread that starts with my DPG hybrid and a bit about the kind of service i received from Dirk ,

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1080904

If you getting arms, go for adjustables and beefy. I've had good luck and a great price with IRO. Quality seems high and the combo uca/lca is relatively cheap...

ultimately, no. ideally? yes...

youll lose droop as the stockers contact the coil buckets. youll run into rubbing issues with larger tires. new lowers (i feel) are a must.

Just trim the rear of the shock mount for more clearance and droop. :)

Richard G

Just trim the rear of the shock mount for more clearance and droop. :)

Richard G

This ^ whether you get new arms or not.

I'm running Iron Man adjustable(and greaseable) lca's and stock uppers. i think they ran around $300 and great quality imo. that size lift i wouldnt spend the money on uca's although it's not a bad idea. if you go adjustable lca's you can keep them for when you go a little higher as well and just adjust them to your new application.

Back