• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Continuing the downward spiral of 4x4 design

Jeep is switching from Dana to AAM axles. The same company make the axles in the 3/4 and 1 ton dodge pickups. I believe the 2006 Wrangler is supposed to have the 3.7L V6. I haven't heard anything about a unibody Wrangler or IFS, but I wouldn't be surprised.

two words, Power Wagon not all 4X4 are going down hill still a few in power that can hold the line, but Eagle is right sell on the name is a easy way to make money now hard to rebuild later. Maytag is doing that now.

Scrappy said:
Why is tube chassis a bad thing? I know you can build a tube buggy that is still street legal in all states and would still pass emissions. Hell, we are building one now.

I think this is the best of both worlds! I cant wait to get my jeep finished being painted and get the new tires on there so I can just sell the thing. To build a tube chassis.

IMO, They are the way of the future, and its around the corner.

One day full bodied jeep will be considered oldschool. Like some of us conseider the old flatties with 31s and sprung under suspension. Rare on the trail, but cool to see.

Matt
tube buggies are awesome! but they just don't have the same character

JCSXJ said:
Don't know if this has been posted before or not but my dad got word last week that jeep is going to be changing big time. Dana lost their contract (or something like that) with jeep. The Grand Cherokee will have ifs suspension and they were thing of making the tj in two versions. The first would be basically the samething it is now except it would have aluminum axles and the second would have a unibody and ifs. They were also saying that they might put the liberty v6 in them instead of the i6. I don't know when this is suposed to happen but with the way things are going, I'm not surprised.
The new WK Grands has ifs and the wrangler is offered in two versions the wrangler and the unlimited.

Beezil said:
buying firearms from walmart is unamerican and white-trash.
A BB gun is a firearm? My local gun shop doesn't even carry them.

buying firearms from walmart is unamerican and white-trash.

NEVER get your Jeep (or car) worked on at a grocery store.
they hire pissed off minimum wage employees who just want to go home

NEVER buy guns, or ammo at a grocery store.
they don't know anything, and sell the bottom line crap. The knowledge from local gun stores is worth the premium, and the selection is wayyyyyy better.

Also more "carlike" SUVs (um, cars with a lift kit) are built that way since lighter components mean better MPG for the EPA nazis, and less expensive to produce, and they can use more standard car parts. I hate crossovers.

Last edited:
Wow, what?!!? Why has this been revived, I almost commented on how wrong some of the predictions were on here until i looked at the date stamp!

Back