• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Connecting ARB turn signals to a '98?

cjstefan

NAXJA Forum User
Anybody know which wires I need to tap into? I tried looking up wiring diagrams and google searching but all I'm coming up with are rear signal wires for trailers. This is the last thing i need to do before i install this thing. I really dont want two lights there that do absolutely nothing so I need to get this figured out. Thanks in advance

Got a link or pic of the product?

Spend $6-15 for a volts ohms multi-meter. Probe the available wires with the blinker on. Black is most often ground, so you are halfway there already.

Save multi-meter for diagnosing and testing engine sensors and futurex malfunctions.

I don't have a link, but the arb bumper has turn signals incorporated into the front of it because the lower (middle?) bar blocks the signal in the grille. It has two wires coming off each light. The xj is a '98 with two bulbs/sockets in each front marker/signal housing. Each bulb has I believe 4 wires going to it.

This question is for the front

I have a voltmeter but I was hoping someone had done this before and could tell me. I suppose I'll have to break it out. I'll post up my findings incase this ever pops up in a Google search

in other news, ARB turn signals?? what gives

Spend $6-15 for a volts ohms multi-meter. Probe the available wires with the blinker on. Black is most often ground, so you are halfway there already.

Save multi-meter for diagnosing and testing engine sensors and futurex malfunctions.

THIS

Each bulb has 3 wires going to it, black is ground, the other wires that are the same colour both sides are the parking lights the ones that are different each side are the turn signals. If you want to know the colours check the wiring diagram in any manual - but the turn signal wires probably have a tracer, & it will be that which is different from one side to the other.

Each bulb has 3 wires going to it, black is ground, the other wires that are the same colour both sides are the parking lights the ones that are different each side are the turn signals. If you want to know the colours check the wiring diagram in any manual - but the turn signal wires probably have a tracer, & it will be that which is different from one side to the other.

There we go. Thank you my friend.

Back