• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Concern

azdesertrhino

NAXJA Forum User
I have been contacted by a couple of individuals expressing concerns that we haven't set up a Paypal account.

Although I didn't think it was such a big issue at this point, it appears some folks put more emphasis on this issue than others.

I set up a new account this evening under the name:

desertjeep at cox.net

Only situation is when I went to set up the bank account part, my bank account is already assigned to my "personal" Paypal account.

I don't think this is an extreme issue because I think I can just transfer the money to my other account and get it out for paying for shirts etc.

Are there other stumbling blocks I'm not thinking of, if so I need to know about them before announcing to the chapter this Paypal address.

I could also just use my "personal" Paypal account for transactions temporarily.

I need some input here.

TIA, :patriot:

let me put some imput here. I USED paypal and got screwed. the SC lost money, and I reinbursed it out of my pocket. Now I have a bank account with my bank that I use for the chapter.

THIS NEEDS TO BE LEFT TO THE TRES. ONLY. when the job changes, so does accounts, etc.

This is just my take.

Scrappy said:
let me put some imput here. I USED paypal and got screwed. the SC lost money, and I reinbursed it out of my pocket. Now I have a bank account with my bank that I use for the chapter.

THIS NEEDS TO BE LEFT TO THE TRES. ONLY. when the job changes, so does accounts, etc.

This is just my take.

Hey Matt,

Can you explain the part of "when the job changes, so does accounts, etc"?

When the treasurer position changes, is the account closed and a new one opened up by the new treasurer?

When y'all collect funds for t'shirts or whatever, do I understand it is strictly via check?

Your input is appreciated! :patriot:

Here is how I do it.

I have an account with money in it. I do all this on a personal level. If you attach any name but yours, your asking for trouble. If your the tresurer, just put your name all over it. We are getting ready to do shirts now, I will be doing a small preorder for a upcoming run for those who WILL be there. After that, I will be doing orders for long sleeves, hoodies, etc. I will be paying for all this myself probably, then have the SC reimburse me as the money comes in. Just easier to deal with it like that.

Also talk to Captain Ron, he does a great job with socal

Back