• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Computer Help (Here we go again)

Eagle

Lifetime NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Ladies and gents, it's a conspiracy I tell you.

Sit rep: computers (one for me, one for the wife) are both running. That's the good news.

The problem: My wife's cousin in Chile is trying to sell her house. I took a bunch of photos and, with assistance, created a web-based slide show and description of the property. A friend of a Jeep & NAXJA friend worked out the bugs and gave it all back to me on a CD. It runs just fine from the CD.

My ISP is AT&T. I am entitled to a personal web page on AT&T. I have registered for it, and they offer me two ways to upload the files. Neither way works. (One is an on-line file copy, the other is FTP.) And AT&T has gotten so institutionalized that their on-line help is not helpful, but there is no number to call for real assistance.

Does anyone out there in NAXJA-land use AT&T as their ISP? If so, have you used PWP? How the heck do I upload this stuff so people can see cousin Cecilia's house?

OK, couple of basic things, *somewhere* on your space on AT&T's site you will have a directory called 'public_html' thats where the pics have to go unless you have a subdirectoy inside public_html called pics.
You *should* be able to use a normal FTP program [ws_ftp] available at all the download sites to upload all your files. Do you still have a dial up or did you get broadband ? If you are still on dial up this could get painful, in which case you might want to visit the pocono's on sunday and get it done in a few minutes..it will save you time in the long run :D

JeepFreak21 said:
Ummm, thanks ... I think. How does Photobucket help me upload my web pages to AT&T? I'm not looking for photo hosting, I have text pages that make up this melange.

Last edited:
Back