• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Any NoCo shake downs in the mix???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJTaa0vCtUE

I like this event as a reason to demonstrate Americans owning whatever 2nd amendment backed arms you want. You don't see these folks blowing up the streets like their in the movie Heat. I think folks that dont know much about fire arms dont realize how expense this stuff already is. The taxes aren't fixing /rehabilitating sick people.

Amidst all this covid its a bit funny all the folks that don't back firearms, yet the lines were down the street all of a sudden :roflmao: 1ton probably loading up on a pack of TP per mag I'm guessing. :moon:

I like guns just fine, I'm a proud, responsible owner, and I have no interest in getting rid of them, but this Is pretty funny:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rR9IaXH1M0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9UFyNy-rw4

Information one am not advocating anything other than proper screening...

I have an AR.. and an SKS bushmaster. Ya small bullets? The fire rate is why I can't ethically call them mere "rifles".

I bought them both much to easily is my concern. With our wonderful nation leading the world in school shootings... one aught to think we have a moral duty to do SOMETHING. Those that think dems are advocating kicking down doors to confiscate firearms are silly. Ther IS a middle ground.

Rooting for president elects to get killed is sheer ignorance IMO.

How is their fire rate so different from other semi-auto rifles and pistols?

Last edited:
I think I'm making the switch from the cooper stt to the maxxis razr. I'll say the coopers have been good damn tires, just a tad too hard. Anyone have any feedback on the razrs?

I think I'm making the switch from the cooper stt to the maxxis razr. I'll say the coopers have been good damn tires, just a tad too hard. Anyone have any feedback on the razrs?

For the price man, take a hard look at the Milestar Patagonia MTs... I dig mine, granted limited trail time. Did great on the few runs she's had though. I guess if price is of no concern there are better options The reviews I read were all solid, and the step child or whatever that turbo JK youtuber with the hot wife ran em before going stickies

How is their fire rate so different from other semi-auto rifles and pistols?

They aren't. I could argue muzzle velocity and other factors... I mean I can do more damage with my sks then I could my glock though? but to your point and mine- I think getting a semi auto rifle AND hand gun is to easy. I think any semi auto purchase aught to have more due diligence. At the end of the day guns dont kill people, people kill people. I support our right to bear arms, but I also support the government to govern how easily it is to aquire said arms.

They aren't. I could argue muzzle velocity and other factors... I mean I can do more damage with my sks then I could my glock though? but to your point and mine- I think getting a semi auto rifle AND hand gun is to easy. I think any semi auto purchase aught to have more due diligence. At the end of the day guns dont kill people, people kill people. I support our right to bear arms, but I also support the government to govern how easily it is to aquire said arms.

Understood, but you did say, and I quote, "The fire rate is why I can't ethically call them mere "rifles"." The fire rate is no different that many other weapons available to the public. In fact, the fire rate of an AR is exactly the same as a Mini 14, but no one is calling those "assault rifles." So I didn't quite understand that. So you're aversion is not to the guns per say, but rather how easy it is to acquire them, albeit only in some states?

If you want more restrictions on guns, come to California, where it is getting harder and harder to acquire guns and ammo. It's ridiculously hard and does nothing to prevent the criminals from getting guns or ammo. It's just makes the law abiding citizen needlessly jump through more hoops.

What measures would you implement to make gun purchases safer? If you were in charge, what would you do? What are some of the solutions you can come up with?

Sorry, I definitely put my bushmaster ina different "class" of rifle than my hunting rifle. I can fire 20 rounds in less time I can send 4 with my .270. Online purchases more stringent. The big thing is hunter safety. Id make it law to take such classes before ANY purchases. The definition of assault rifle is loose, I'd class any semi auto as such.

Not being a lawmaker, but seeing our country lead the way in mass shootings is cause for pause. There is no clear answer, only things we can try.
Buy back rallies to get guns off the street? Stricter laws to punch those in unlawful possession?

Are laws the issue in CA or is the pandemic making accessible guns and ammo harder to find?

Tbh my shotgun is the dedicated home protection, as any assault rifle might kill a neighbor if fired at an intruder.

What's your ideas to make te US safer while protecting our rights?

If I were in charge, I'd make same day gun purchases a thing of the past. Background searches more thorough. A license to own semi autos similar to fully autos. A focus on mental health and drug/ alcohol addiction would also be tops in my book. Helping lower class find sustainable income as well. Drug abuse and poverty being the keys to crime IME.

I'm from NM where guns and drugs ran rampant, similar to SoCal I'm sure. If things don't change, surely they will stay the same?

Last edited:
Sorry, I definitely put my bushmaster ina different "class" of rifle than my hunting rifle. I can fire 20 rounds in less time I can send 4 with my .270. Online purchases more stringent. The big thing is hunter safety. Id make it law to take such classes before ANY purchases. The definition of assault rifle is loose, I'd class any semi auto as such.

Honestly, their really is no such valid term as "assault rifle" in the civilian gun industry. It's a made up term used by anti-gun advocates to vilify some weapons. It was developed and used to connect AR's to the military gun industry by associating it with "weapons of war." It's just a term that fits a narrative, like "undocumented migrant" instead of "illegal alien." It's only use is by anti-gun advocates and those that don't really know guns. Hardly anyone with knowledge of guns uses that term. Kind of like when Anderson Cooper did that "story" on AR's with a so called CNN "gun expert." The "expert" referred to the AR's firing rate as "semi-auto", and then he switched to a "full semi-auto" demonstration! The dickhead just pulled the trigger faster and didn't put the stock on his shoulder giving the illusion that the gun was so much more powerful and violent on "full semi-auto." Tried to make it seem that "full semi-auto" was akin to full auto. Of course, anyone with half a brain knew that was a made up term. Yet the lefty's lapped that shit up, even though it was a complete fabrication. Look up the video, it's comical to any gun owner.

Not being a lawmaker, but seeing our country lead the way in mass shootings is cause for pause. There is no clear answer, only things we can try.

Do you know how the CDC, FBI, and Congress defines "mass shootings?" It's an incident with 3-4 people being shot, (depending on which agency) and includes gang violence and all homicides. Furthermore, handguns are used in "mass shootings" far more. When you parse the data from the CDC, (which is not easy to do, BTW), mass shootings are not the huge public threat the media and anti-gun lobby would lead you to believe, and the AR-15 is hardly used at all. Mass shooting should be described as something like someone indiscriminately shooting into a crowd of innocent or unarmed civilians, something along those lines. But they're bundled in with other shootings that don't really connect to public safety. In fact, of the total number of gun deaths recorded each year, fully 2/3's of those deaths are suicides. Suicides, although very tragic, are not a direct threat to public safety. Neither are usually police shootings, accidental gun deaths, gang violence, etc. Yes, all those are tragic and unnecessary, but hardly a threat to overall public safety. You're FAR more likely to get killed or die in a multitude of other ways than being shot. But to quote the aggregate guns deaths as an indicator that guns must be banned because of the threat to public safety, is wrong and misleading.

Buy back rallies to get guns off the street? Stricter laws to punch those in unlawful possession?

Sure, but those are already in use in some states with little to no success in curbing violence.

Are laws the issue in CA or is the pandemic making accessible guns and ammo harder to find?

It's both. The laws are restrictive, 10 day waiting period billed as a"cooling off" period on all guns. This applies even if you already own a gun. Why do I need a "cooling off" period if I already own guns? I can see if it's your first purchase, but other than that, it's not about cooling off. You also need a background check to buy ammo, same day purchase though, no wait on ammo. It's stupid though, because you have to own a gun in order to purchase ammo. So what's the result? Many that never owned a gun, (like my wife), decided to purchase a gun so she could by ammo for me if need be. Say I was going to the range and wanted my wife or adult kids to pick me up some ammo because I didn't have time, they couldn't unless they owned a gun on roster in the state of California. The net result: increased gun sales. Opposite of what the state Dipshits want to accomplish. Guns and ammo are scarce in California. I waited over 2 months for a gun on order. I could go on and on, but suffice it to say that all of what California has done only increased record gun sales and does nothing to curb crime.

Tbh my shotgun is the dedicated home protection, as any assault rifle might kill a neighbor if fired at an intruder.

Agree, I would use a shotgun or handgun for home defense.

What's your ideas to make te US safer while protecting our rights?

Honestly, I would make it easier to get guns and concealed carry permits. I agree with a background check and maybe a gun safety class that you would have to renew every few years or so. The problem is not with the people following the law, it's the people that DON"T follow the law that is the problem. There are plenty of laws on the books that prohibit unlawful use of weapons. I don't understand why people think cracking down on law abiding citizens is the solution to gun violence! No matter what they put in place to obtain a weapon, I'm going to jump through those hoops. How is making me comply with more laws that I already comply with going to solve the problem of people that don't comply??? We are already law abiding, the state doesn't need to worry about us. Go after the guy that steals guns, or illegally sells guns. Don't make it harder for me, I already follow the law. The US doesn't have gun control problem, we have a Crazy Control problem. And we're doing nothing to address that issue.

If I were in charge, I'd make same day gun purchases a thing of the past. Background searches more thorough. A license to own semi autos similar to fully autos. A focus on mental health and drug/ alcohol addiction would also be tops in my book. Helping lower class find sustainable income as well. Drug abuse and poverty being the keys to crime IME.

Good points. I would have to disagree with the same day purchase. We have a waiting period in California, and it does no good. Criminals don't walk into a gun store to buy a weapon. We continue to punish law abiding citizens exercising their constitution rights, but do nothing to stem the systemic culture of violence and mental health.

I'm from NM where guns and drugs ran rampant, similar to SoCal I'm sure. If things don't change, surely they will stay the same?

It's funny. Every-time the left goes on a rant about gun control, record gun sales ensue. It's a right and a will of our citizens to own guns. It is not governments job to punish those that exercise those rights. Gun ownership should be properly regulated, but not overly restricted, IMO.

Just a few thoughts in red above.

I've never met a Democrat who wanted stricter "gun control" laws then anything I've described. To your point of narratives painting biased pictures... the phrase "gun control" sends the right into a frenzy, yet has nothing to do with kicking down doors and taking guns out of law abiding citizens hands. Just that we have a problem and it needs attention. Be it mental health, poverty, or substance abuse, we need to make changes if we want a safer country. There are other countries we can learn from, but that gets dicey. No other country has our bill of rights and sens of entitlement.

"Gun ownership should be properly regulated.. "

Agreed.

Takes some effort to try new ideas though, and no law or regulations will please everyone.

I don't think the record gun sales are so that non gun owners can buy ammo for their loved ones in CA. Covid struck a match that increased gun sales nation wide.

I've never met a Democrat who wanted stricter "gun control" laws then anything I've described. To your point of narratives painting biased pictures... the phrase "gun control" sends the right into a frenzy, yet has nothing to do with kicking down doors and taking guns out of law abiding citizens hands. Just that we have a problem and it needs attention. Be it mental health, poverty, or substance abuse, we need to make changes if we want a safer country. There are other countries we can learn from, but that gets dicey. No other country has our bill of rights and sens of entitlement.

What???!!! "I've never met a Democrat who wanted stricter "gun control" laws then anything I've described."
That is just ridiculous. You've never lived in California and you obviously don't pay attention to what democrats say. Have you ever read the Brady initiative platform? What about Kamala Harris' proclamation of mandatory gun buybacks, AKA gun confiscation? Most anti-gun proponents are in favor of bans and confiscation, and yes, they're democrats. You're going to make a statement like that and expect to be taken seriously in a discussion?

"Gun ownership should be properly regulated.. "

Agreed.

Takes some effort to try new ideas though, and no law or regulations will please everyone.

I don't think the record gun sales are so that non gun owners can buy ammo for their loved ones in CA. Covid struck a match that increased gun sales nation wide.

Not exactly what I meant, It's not a huge causation of gun sales, but is a contributing factor and also illustrates the left's ridiculous policies that don't deter gun sales. Gun sales are huge in California because the lefty's here want to restrict your right to own a gun. That is the single most contributing factor in record gun sales. Every-time someone talks about banning guns, sales increase. Hmmmm, can't see a correlation there. Did you know that gun sales during Obama tenure were the highest under any President? It's the will and right of the people to own guns, and our elected officials should respect that right and will.
Covid struck a nerve with americans during covid, not because of covid itself, but because of the overreach by government, particularly in some states. Many citizens fear government intrusion on their individual rights, and rightfully so. Do some research on world history if you can't understand why governments don't want an armed citizenry.

Last edited:
I've never met Kamala.
I'm a Democrat.
As are about half of my hunting friends.
No I don't follow CA laws in my spare time

A buy back isn't a confiscation. A mandatory buy back is laughable imo. My guns aren't going anywhere. That we can agree upon

I've never met Kamala.

Yeah, but you did vote for her, and she's the one who suggested to enact mandatory buybacks by executive order. Mandatory buybacks are not voluntary. It's confiscation plain and simple. Go find the clip on YouTube of her saying that in the primary debates if you don't believe me.

I'm a Democrat.

Sorry about that. :laugh:

As are about half of my hunting friends.

Doesn't matter what your or my friends think. It only matters what our elected dipshits do. Stop supporting politicians that don't support our 2A rights.

No I don't follow CA laws in my spare time

Then don't make blanket statements that gun laws need to be stricter. Why don't you educate yourself on differing gun laws before you spout off on a subject you clearly know nothing about. All states have different gun laws, some more strict than others. Explore how other states strict gun laws work, and if the data actually shows that it helps deter gun violence. Explore how the CDC, FBI, and Congress classify gun deaths. Parse the data and you'll see for yourself that the mainstream media is not truthful about gun violence as a threat to public safety. Form your own informed decisions and don't rely on other peoples opinions, including mine. People often can't tell the difference between facts and opinions. Facts don't care about your feelings.

A buy back isn't a confiscation. A mandatory buy back is laughable imo. My guns aren't going anywhere. That we can agree upon

There are two types of buybacks that are floated by the left, voluntary and mandatory. Voluntary has been used with no success, really. Mandatory is in fact confiscation, regardless if your receive compensation or not. I agree it's a tough nut to crack, but it still is always being floated by the left. What else do they have in mind? Leftist liberals, and they are all democrats, want to eliminate guns, period. They don't want you to own guns and they want to take away the guns you already own. Do you actually think they are not going to keep trying to achieve this? Or do you not believe this is their goal?
If you want to keep your guns, stop supporting and electing candidates that don't protect your 2A rights. How much more simple could that get?

If sensible gun owners saw the news reporting ammo shortages and didn't go into a buying frenzy, I wonder if the shelves would be plentifally stocked? I don't recall any shortage unroll it was mentioned.

Now's a good time to make money if you've got loads of reserves. Ide sell like mad and buy more when everythings cheaper again.

If sensible gun owners saw the news reporting ammo shortages and didn't go into a buying frenzy, I wonder if the shelves would be plentifally stocked? I don't recall any shortage unroll it was mentioned.

Now's a good time to make money if you've got loads of reserves. Ide sell like mad and buy more when everythings cheaper again.
Ha-ha! I still have .22LR from the Obama era of executive overreach.

Back