• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Re: The Colorado BS thread

Sharknado!!! Lol didnt we get a fancy snow storm last year... Torpedo or missle... Thats not right.. I cant remember, but sure sounded Armageddon like LMAO

There is like no chatter on here at all...Did the Covid get all of Naxja ?
I was wondering why you stopped posting!

I.B. essential, crappy pay and long hours get the bills paid.

Found it , paid it. I'm going wheeling next weekend I don't care what the governors orders are at that time he can go bite some pillows.

Where to?

Where to?

Probably Carnage. My buddy may do his last minute chinamans shuffle , but will most likely be Buena Vista. I'm holding off on going to Sand hollow in Utah until I got more than a 34 hrs it's a fairly long trio that far down to bottom of Utah.

Probably Carnage. My buddy may do his last minute chinamans shuffle , but will most likely be Buena Vista. I'm holding off on going to Sand hollow in Utah until I got more than a 34 hrs it's a fairly long trio that far down to bottom of Utah.

Man I wish I could say I’m down to run it with you...
I might be able to make it to the start of carnage!

Last edited:

Man I wish I could say I’m down to run it with you...
I might be able to make it to the start of carnage!

My buddy Danny 50% of the time decided to do chinamans. I'm really waiting for holy cross to open so I can get video this time walking the rock ...

If you’re up there might as well run both?

I’ve never ran either and only have YouTube vids for comparison.

From New Mexico and the Jeep runs we did out there were more to areas vs actual trail runs. Now there was a method to the madness but not so much like carnage with posted signs and anchored winch points bro the rock... pretty neat up here

20200503_193554.jpg

20200503_192348.jpg

New hole in hood and ORI level it mounted front and rear. Just need to decide on hose routing and resevoir location that makes hose routing easiest . But badicly they re done took more time debating that hole in the hood I had 3 possible locations and one was on my exocage cowl spreader bar but this is probably the best spot .

have you weighed your rig for shits and giggles?

With me at 250 my brother at 150 up front... spare 150 on tire wheel combo and 250 lbs of tools and some spare parts it weighted 5600 lbs ... without those items it would have right around 4900-5000 dry weight . I cut off a lot of body and when I did the boat sides the weight shed from the heavy sliders and 18 inches of body about made for a break even after adding the boat sides ... So now I don't carry a spare and and the other stuff rides on the truck and trailer so I'd say the trail ready weight isn't any heavier than 5500 now ... it's heavy but you can flop it and not really care it won't bend it's beyond stout

Out of curiosity you got pics of your boatside? Going to boatside the MJ and trying to get ideas.

1127161410-640x360.jpg

IMG_20170319_114417.jpg

20180728_142150.jpg

10610803_770442396312075_4118405387868957541_n.jpg
Out of curiosity you got pics of your boatside? Going to

These are not mini sides like hooligan offroad there is a lot cut out here...lol... there is a lot of hours into it but they are basicly the center frame rails now... If these bend shits all over any way . How intense of a boatside are you looking to do ...just a lower rocker or way up mine are up past the door hinge ...its a lot of cutting and putting things back in place... a lower rocker replacement is a weekend job and mild cutting nothing up into the cab

How intense of a boatside are you looking to do ...just a lower rocker or way up mine are up past the door hinge ...its a lot of cutting and putting things back in place... a lower rocker replacement is a weekend job and mild cutting nothing up into the cab

Well it's still a TBD. Pretty sure I'm going to replace the drivers side floor board because of rust and theres also some rust in the cab corner. Lowest would be effectively right at the door sill. May go higher and just say f the doors and build some tube doors.

Cosmetics will have to wait until fall , but while looking at all I need to pull apart to prep for painting I noticed my electrical is stock...lol... and Janky, so I ordered a set if 1/0g cables from jeepcables so we don't catch on fire...lol... before I get to paint it in the fall .

Replaced the dash in the XJ with a donor. Cleaned it up and painted it. Had to move all the wiring over from the old one. Had issues with the instrument cluster flexible connector and had to improvise.

Been searching for a year but scored good upholstery and swapped it over on the drivers seat. Steam cleaned the "new" seats and got a ton of dirt.

Hope to have it back together tonight and head down to Moab in a week.

Well it's still a TBD. Pretty sure I'm going to replace the drivers side floor board because of rust and theres also some rust in the cab corner. Lowest would be effectively right at the door sill. May go higher and just say f the doors and build some tube doors.

I built mine up to the bottom of the lower hinge. Basically removed the entire rocker and made supports down to frame rails. Rebuilt floor from 16ga. Cut about 3-4" from doors. I assume it would be similar ish on an mj. It was a crap ton of work but one of the most worth while things I did.

Back