• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Re: The Colorado BS thread

I assume all of the naysayers have lived here ? or is it all hearsay ? Definitely not the best place I have ever been . But not the worst either. And how many treehuggers do you have in Colorado ? Want to guess how many live here ? How many high capacity mags can you have (legally ) in Colorado ? There is good and bad everywhere. And for the person that asked what I do- I work in the coal mines. And make a damned good living... for now !

Kicking the idear around of adding a rear sway bar for extra tunability . I'm kinda holding off until I get to see how the struts balance out front to rear along with loosening up the front radius arm with a few new parts . Also probably going to add ballistic hydraulic bumps in addition to the bump integrated into the strut ... LoL... it's just way to easy to throw money at this thing

Had ordered reservoirs from undercoverfab...what they forgot to mention is that they are not set to receive the new design reservoir until April 2019 , So Sarah at ori found two new old design sitting , so I compromised and took the set of Blue old stock rather than wait until 2019.
IMG_20180830_6753.jpg

If I had remembered to order the shock towers , truss extensions, and flap wheels and cutting discs last week I would be done with the rear strut install ...lol...but I did not so a couple holes crude strut mock up for clearance tests was all I did ...Tuesday...So basically wasted these couple days off . Next days off my parts should be here and the rear should be a done deal ...and yet there is still a ton of little shit left to do .Twuzz a $987 dollar parts ordering day ...lol...I had to cut myself off at motor mounts, but next spending spree I need some stuff from RAdesigns .

Last edited:

Huh...lol...guess it would pay to read a companies address, case in point , Artec industries is only a few minutes away from where I park every other day in North Salt lake off Redwood Rd ...So I could have just picked up all my shit locally and skipped ups .

If anyone spots a set of cheap 15x10 inch 8 on 6.5 plug pattern wheels let me know I need to get a set as I'm planning on looking for a set of 44 Boggers for 15s used at a decent price...lol...or end up buying them new . I plan to use the Treps for the rocks when every bit of rock traction counts , But want the boggers for 75% of trail use because treps look like shit ...lol...their narrowness has not grown on me and I need a set of Boggers they just look better .

Lmao yeah treps look like shit...need big dumb terrible tires because it’s all about the monster truck looks.

Lmao yeah treps look like shit...need big dumb terrible tires because it’s all about the monster truck

The 39.5 Boggers after grooved and siped made their last run on my XJ on carnage canyon August 2014 and they walked everything But the waterfall before v-notch...I can't say I witnessed the same performance out other tires I've seen run carnage from then up until now , so they aren't exactly as bad as you would be inclined to believe. I think much of the negative publicity with the old swampers is most of them you see on the trail are SUPER OLD SWAMPERS they have tread but the rubber 10 or more years old . Those 44s I had were dot dated for 2000 they were all dried up , and most of the swampers I see on these trails are old as hell .

And yes a bad rig looks like it can over a car instead of looking like a slammed minivan .

Was on the fence with rear 14 shafts , but the 4340 Yukon are only about $400 for a pair shipped the ouverson at about $1300 , so since I've not snapped a stocker I'll gamble on these almost $900 less , which leaves me cash toward a cheap set of super swampers for the winter I'm looking to find a set of 42-44 with wheels for about $1000 , Or just not wheel in winter .

Be looking at turnkey pallet engine swaps for next year's project and final modification to the XJ ...lol...won't be a damn thing left of the stock powertrain after that , but it will hold speed well .

One of you fellas wanna PM me a reference for a CS or Pueblo mechanic you trust? I have a friend with a strong gas smell coming from his TJ, he can’t fix it (not his bag) and I do t want to... thanks.

bought $142 In flap wheels and cutting discs last Thursday from our vendor there was no mention of a big extended ship delay, so to my surprise the shyt only got to UPS today that's a week to ship an order. Obviously I did not expect the stuff to take 7 days to ship so now I have to spend the money TWICE to get supplies for this week so I can work on my days off .

Back