• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

The Colorado BS thread

That’s the same crap they basically tried with mine. Popped the driver side door lock with a screwdriver. But, they tried to get the tranny into neutral and roll it down the road. Tried to steal the sub and tools out of the back once they couldn’t move it, but couldn’t get the back hatch unlocked (cause they’re stupid). And it’s bolted down (haha, I’d have paid to see that).

Something must have spooked them, and they gave up. I replaced the door locks and park it in my garage now.

Re: The Colorado BS thread

Ugh that sounds like some tweaker crap right there. That sucks.

Non English speaking illegal tweakers... lol...the criminal genius of painting an already Red vehicle ...RED...to disguise it just brought me to laughter as I thought about the I.Q. needed for that . What's even better is they had an XJ that had nothing done to its exterior to make it stand out from any other RED XJ ...lol...that is until they spray painted it with a paint job that would make earl scheib blush . They left a car stereo amp in the back that they also spray painted red...lol...I guess the stock 99 tape deck and tinty door speakers were not good enough for tweaking out to Ranchero music?

That’s the same crap they basically tried with mine. Popped the driver side door lock with a screwdriver. But, they tried to get the tranny into neutral and roll it down the road. Tried to steal the sub and tools out of the back once they couldn’t move it, but couldn’t get the back hatch unlocked (cause they’re stupid). And it’s bolted down (haha, I’d have paid to see that).

Something must have spooked them, and they gave up. I replaced the door locks and park it in my garage now.

This was a daily driver commuter but since I bought the Commander during its absence I have a funny idea for the replacement of the door lock ...lol...I will replace the ignition lock, but... I'm going to weld onto each door and hatch heavy duty latches to put heavy duty anti tamper locks on and then put theft proof security film on the windows...then after that they need to get past the disc lock and then the false ignition coil ...all while being on video ...lol...even if they do get it the GPS will give them away now. Going to possibly taunt them with Trump stickers and leaving ignition key on the dash along with a couple empty boxes for items like laptop and such left in sight and an old I phone shell ...lol... God this could be more fun that shooting squirrels with the pellet gun .

Since I'm not wanting to go to jail for tasing and beating up a captured thief I've decided to go a less legal risky route with my XJ plans . I ordered some security max chain and their lock this is going to through the wheel and probably the knuckle it should easily go on and off with the key buy be extremely hard to remove , pretty much impossible with bolt cutters and will take a cutting wheel used in less than ideal position and makes for less than inconspicuous activity . If they do attempt to remove this device before trying to start the Jeep they will find themselves trying to diagnose a multi issue no start condition...good luck ...All while being on video .

Did I mention I will be placing props in the form of empty electronics such as laptop, tablet, and game system in view of potential thieves...going to fill them with worthless fill to add weight to package and tape them up well enough so they are apt to want to carry off the package a nd open it in safety...only to feel like a bitch when they discover the contents .

I drove past the terminal today, looked at the signs that say "Drivers Parking."

Talk about advertising!

I drove past the terminal today, looked at the signs that say "Drivers Parking."

Talk about advertising!

That lot is a complete joke there is ZERO security...lol...you could have drove into that then walked into their main yard and walked anywhere you wanted a d they'd had no clue you did not belong there or your intentions ...If you look at the end if that parking lot near pecos you'll see a white enclosed trailer and a old Nissan maxima light green parked right in the middle of roadway ...lol...its been parked there for almost two weeks Windows open abandoned ...and no one official has noticed .

Worked on the Mild Rig this weekend.

Really really really want to wheel the buggy, but $ and some scope changes have put a halt on that for the moment.

So, got the following done:
- Headliner Pulled
- Roof CLD Tiles installed
- Headliner and 3M Acoustic Thinsulate installed (that was a PITA)
- Interior is about 75% back in

Looking to get the interior pretty well wrapped up and back in.

From there...to get it driveable:

- Brake lines and bleed
- Tighten up all suspension
- Fix Exhaust Manifold Leak
- Put front clip back on
- Install front shocks

I'm going to get my Boostwerks hidden winch mount put on, and a trans cooler with new lines and AN fitting prior to buttoning the front clip back up.

A few more weekends and it *should* be driveable.

Then I can get going on the full D30 and 8.8 build :D

Worked on the Mild Rig this weekend.

Really really really want to wheel the buggy, but $ and some scope changes have put a halt on that for the moment.

So, got the following done:
- Headliner Pulled
- Roof CLD Tiles installed
- Headliner and 3M Acoustic Thinsulate installed (that was a PITA)
- Interior is about 75% back in

Looking to get the interior pretty well wrapped up and back in.

From there...to get it driveable:

- Brake lines and bleed
- Tighten up all suspension
- Fix Exhaust Manifold Leak
- Put front clip back on
- Install front shocks

I'm going to get my Boostwerks hidden winch mount put on, and a trans cooler with new lines and AN fitting prior to buttoning the front clip back up.

A few more weekends and it *should* be driveable.

Then I can get going on the full D30 and 8.8 build :D
I got 4.10s and dana 30 locker just sitting in my garage. Yours if you want them.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Thieves took the ignition battery fuse out of the PDC...lol...I guess they were trying to theft proof "their "thefted vehicle . They were also involved in burglary while driving the thefted vehicle and who wants to be caught by the man with a car full of stolen goods in a stolen car...lol...so they FIXED the electrical issue on the driver rear light box as prior to theft nothing worked there no turn, stop, park lamp, or reverse ...now it all works. I had no time to look at it the couple weeks I had it , but when you're commiting robbery while driving a hot car your lights better not get you busted ... I'm still pissed about the theft, but it's really hard not to laugh at these things.

Last edited:

I got 4.10s and dana 30 locker just sitting in my garage. Yours if you want them.

Hey, I actually got a insanely screaming deals on 4.10's, master install, and a Yukon Zip Locker for the D30 (all through different places). Couldn't pass them up, so it's all sitting it my shop mezzanine ready to go in.

Crown brakes lines are going to take 1 to 2 weeks...yay.

Guess I'll get hammering on other stuff before then.

Ash got a taste of why we take big boom sticks in the mountains with us. We took the pups up last weekend before my hitch and were exploring new camping areas. I was telling her about increase of bear and mountain lion there va the front range where we’ve always camped before, and how that meant the 45-70 was the go to camp gun along with following stricter camp rules. Sure as shit, we had to stop and call the dogs back, big ol brown bear not but 30 yards ahead. Completely unaware of us. Fortunately for the crosswind the dogs were also unaware of him. I’m not sure they’re smart enough not to go after the bear. Gonna be interesting learning curve over there.

Ash got a taste of why we take big boom sticks in the mountains with us. We took the pups up last weekend before my hitch and were exploring new camping areas. I was telling her about increase of bear and mountain lion there va the front range where we’ve always camped before, and how that meant the 45-70 was the go to camp gun along with following stricter camp rules. Sure as shit, we had to stop and call the dogs back, big ol brown bear not but 30 yards ahead. Completely unaware of us. Fortunately for the crosswind the dogs were also unaware of him. I’m not sure they’re smart enough not to go after the bear. Gonna be interesting learning curve over there.
That's crazy where were you? My dogs would have went ape lol

That's crazy where were you? My dogs would have went ape lol

Yeah I fear mine would have been a little nuts and gone after him. That’s my biggest issue with those two is pretty big prey drive for anything big. Small stuff not so much. But elk. Deer. Etc. feel like bear would make the list. So they may stay strapped up at camp so I can keep em close.
Just west of montrose.

The Colorado BS thread

Well lifted my wife's 2015 cherokee today. Sits a little higher than the trailhawk. Now gonna put 30in all terrains and plasti dip some stuff. I think she sees me working on the xj all the time and wants some more "custom" things done to hers. Works for me gonna put an awning on it and use it as a fuel efficient and somewhat capable camping rig. Working on hers had left my xj budget on 0 for this month though lol. Oh well.

Back