• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cold air intake

You can build one for about $10, minus filter...you can use a flared piece of exhaust pipe available at about any parts store and drill a hole on it to weld a bung on for your blow off tube, weld apiece of 1" strap on it with a bend on the end for a mounting point and get a 3" inlet cone filter. It will be the exact same as the Rusty's style for a fraction of the cost. I built many and sold them for a while...simple and easy.

I wasted my money on a Spectre kit for the Renix in my comanche that doesn't fit.

The design engineer for that specific kit basically told me I was retarded and there is no way it wouldn't fit correctly.:doh:

DO NOT USE PVC!!! It will get hot and shrink up and you will end up with out any air cleaner!

I agree but Hell I figured this was a fun, joke around thread.

I have been using it on the buggy for the last 10th years but that doesn't count. :piratefla:

Not worth it...I tell every one of my customers to stay with stock filters. Some go with the K&N that goes in the factory box because they can clean it but they usually end up neglecting it and it turns into a mud ball.

Put that money towards a cowl intake.

Back