• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

coil springs

ride quality might be your shocks, what are you running?

bilstein 7100s with 255/70 valving up front. RE 10.5"s rear. the shocks are great, the springs are just too stiff.

its not really ride quality that concerns me, but the springs coming unseated. a longer, softer coil is what I am after.

Haven't we been over this, you need limitless straps! :D

To be honest, I thought my RE 4.5s were too soft. Movign any faster than 10-15 mph and the nose bottomed over any kind of whoops or sharp dip. But I also had a JCR Prerunner winch bumper and a winch on the nose, so I'm sure they helped with bottoming out...

I run the Rusty's 4.5" coils, it's the only piece I've kept from the very first lift kit I put on my XJ and I've never had a complaint with them. I don't know the exact numbers, but I remember reading a few years back that they were the longest extended length of any 4.5" spring commonly available.

Haven't we been over this, you need limitless straps! :D
To be honest, I thought my RE 4.5s were too soft. Movign any faster than 10-15 mph and the nose bottomed over any kind of whoops or sharp dip. But I also had a JCR Prerunner winch bumper and a winch on the nose, so I'm sure they helped with bottoming out...

:clap:

thats why I am looking for something progressive, a stiffer spring for going fast and a softer spring rate for going slow

well, I got off the phone with currie and the sales rep told me that unloaded, the 4" TJ spring is 21-7/8" long, which should fit my application pretty well.

unfortunately he didn't give me the spring rates. something about that being proprietary, yada yada yada. I told him I won't be buying anything from them if they won't give me the spring rate, but he didn't budge.

anyone know the rate on those?

I actually switched from REs to Rough Country's. Everywhere I read said the RE 3.5's were 169 rated, not 240. That's hella stiff. I was going to go with rusty's which I believe were 150, but they were much more expensive to ship. I settled for some 155 RC 4.5's and love them. I have bilstein 255/70's on the front ad the ride is absolutely exceptional with my drop brackets.

Back