• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

coil spring rates for the front vs rear

Vanimal

NAXJA Forum User
i have 16" coilovers in the rear running a triple rate setup with 300lb 16" lower springs and 150lb 14" upper springs giving me 5" of lift. this is a 100lb primary rate.

now i'm tryng to find a suitable spring for the front. i was looking at the rusty 4.5" springs which have a 150lb spring rate. how much heavier should i go in the front vs rear? is 150lbs going to be too soft?
specs are 91 4 door 4.0 a15 manual doors and windows, 40lb front bumper, 3/16" frame stiffners, and about 40lb rock rails, and long arms. no cage yet, no rack. i was also looking at the RE springs but those are 240lbs/in but that's a huge difference. anything out there thats a happy medium?

i temporarily have pro comp 3" springs and 2" spacers in the front and it seems like its a little stiff compared to the rear as the rear flexes out long before the front.

thats what i figured, anyone know of a happy medium between those and the 240lb RE springs?

I run the TnT coils that give me about 5"s with a 180 or 200lb spring rate. Can't remember off the top of my head what they are, but I'm happy how they feel witg my armor/winch/bumper setup.

I run the TnT coils that give me about 5"s with a 180 or 200lb spring rate. Can't remember off the top of my head what they are, but I'm happy how they feel witg my armor/winch/bumper setup.
nice, that sounds decent, thanks!

Back