• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

co springs peeps...

bigazxj

NAXJA Forum User
school me thinking of moving.

what side of town is good? or is it kind of scattered good/bad areas
good school district?

can i find a job, chrysler tech lot of years many certs from chrysler(diesel,sprinter,a/c,body,ect.),ase master tech.looks like you have 2 dealers in town?

how much house can i rent for 1000-1200 a month?
have 2 kids will need 3br. wife and i need our own bathroom.

local wheeling? have a buggy but like easy days as much as hard ones beacuse they all beat working.

any other info that might be good.

just thinking at the moment might be 4-6 months before we make a decision. but springs is at the top of the list if we move.

thanks guys
justin

Colorado Springs is cool. Lots of trails, hard AND easy. You can rent alot of house for 1000-1200 a month. Probably a 3 bedroom and 2 bath. We almost rented a 4 bed 3 bath with an unfinished basement last month for 925 a month, so im sure you wouldnt have a problem finding anything.

As far as areas go... The further south, the crappier it gets. Try staying up north in the springs and you will be fine. Lots of good restaurants downtown, and there is always some kind of street fair/art fair/ craft fair/farmers market going on during the warmer months. During the wintertime, its about a 1.5 hour drive to Breckenridge/Keystone to hit the slopes.

District 20 is the best school district in the springs... so shoot for that area (north side)

Only downside i see, is that there are not alot of trees unless you live on the west side. Its VERY VERY military oriented. We have 2 airforce bases, the air force academy, and a few army bases here in town. Its VERY conservative.

Cost of living is average i would guess, but definately cheaper than alaska!

Rated #1 city to live in for outdoorsy people by Outdoor Magazine.

Thats about it, let us know if you head to town, would love to wheel with ya.

oh, as far a jobs... the economy has hit here just like it has everywhere else. if you're qualified, and know you're stuff, then im sure one of the dealerships around here would offer you a job. Shoudnt be a problem.

I wouldn't move anywhere without finding a job first.

will find a job first,ill contact the dealers and set up some interviews, make a trip up there for a few days. i was a bit concerned about cost of living. but seems it should be about the same.

thanks for the info so far guys, just the kind of info i was looking for.

Consider a little more north?

Castle Rock? or Highlands Ranch!

why,what benifits would that area offer over springs?

thanks for the info guys just the kind of stuff i needed to know.

North COS is just fine! CastleRock is kinda in the middle of COS and Denver and alot of Denver peeps commute! Highlands Ranch is a nice area but still situated inbetween COS and Denver? The economy here is like most places..... hurting a bit but jobs are still out there. COS is VERY military with Peterson AFB, Shriver AFB, AF Academy, Norad ( reactivating in the near future ) and Fort Carson!! Find a job first then hit the net for some house hunting! And a future WELCOME bigazxj!! :cheers:

Ya stay northern springs. J live off Stetson hills and powers. Houses like mine aren't new but not old either. 4bedroom 3 1/2 bath 2 car garage should be right about 1100 or so a month for rent by me. Neighborhoods are good and pretty chill. Most of my neighbors have dirtbike or quads or jeeps. Frankz is in same area. Plus being right off powers you can get most anywhere pretty quick.

why,what benifits would that area offer over springs?

thanks for the info guys just the kind of stuff i needed to know.
Cause thats were all the YUPPIES live!:cool:

Lol but frank is basically IN my neighborhood. Ya you and led are super close by. Which is another thing to point out. You'll be super close to all of us:D

Really:eyes: no further this is a great city and also a great bunch of guys to wheel with!!:cheers:

Really:eyes: no further this is a great city and also a great bunch of guys to wheel with!!:cheers:

Haven't wheeled with the Springs guys yet (I can assume they are ok to wheel with :D ), but Springs is a GREAT City, and I have thought seriously a couple times about moving down there, I just can't stand the thought of the I-25 commute to Denver everyday for work. My GF and I go down to Springs about once a month just to spend the night and hang out, we really enjoy it down there.

Where do you guys stay when you come down. And ya we kick butt to wheel with!!!(actually I don't know...these have been my first times out in like 6months lol)

Usually at the Marriot off of Commerce Center Drive, we like to go partake in Adult beverages at the Old C's right next door. Its nice to not have to worry about one of us being DD.

Back