• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CO OHV Stickers?

WB9YZU

NAXJA Forum User
I saw on another site where CO has an OHV sticker. Does it apply to Jeeps on Federal Land? I thought the only thing you needed was a license plate to use Federal Land...

-Ron

That's a good question. I ride motorcycles and I've always wondered if my plated dirt bikes still needed an OHV sticker on the trails.

I always buy the OHV sticker either way, because it helps support the trail systems.

I'm not entirely sure about passenger vehicles. Sorry I'm not much help. Maybe Troy will chime in with some insightful knowledge?

OHV stickers are for ATV's and dirt bikes, AFAIK. Never had one on a jeep.

If the vehicle is currently registered/plated, no OHV is needed.

OHV is required for all other motorized vehicles used on State/Federal lands.

Thanks Guys, kinda what I thought.

Interestingly enough, they have a picture of a Jeep showing where to put the sticker. Talk about false advertisement :rof:

If I'm not too mistaken, every trail I've been on in CO has been on Forest Service land anyway, so even if one did buy a sticker, I doubt the Feds would see a red cent of it.

-Ron

That's because they were trying to implement a rule that anything, plated or not, used offroad needed an ohv sticker.

There has been a lot on the plate between Work and Home this year; good and bad... but mostly good.

Planning for a summer trip has not been on the radar, but I hope to cure that soon :)

-Ron

Back