• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

clutch issues

Yea, just tell him that theres 'no pressure' and that only about 5,000 XJ owners of a national association are interested in what he finds... :D :D :D

RichP said:
Yea, just tell him that theres 'no pressure' and that only about 5,000 XJ owners of a national association are interested in what he finds... :D :D :D

I will see that clutch. I will be at his shop every hour or so as he's 5 minutes walking distance from my house :)

Kejtar said:
I will see that clutch. I will be at his shop every hour or so as he's 5 minutes walking distance from my house :)

I just looked at it and it looked like a really oddly worn disc brake. As I slid my finger across it I felt a lot of unevennes: kind of hard to describe. Anyways, I'm getting all new from flywheel through plate, disc bearing.. the works :D

I am having similar problems you described with the leap frog effect. It only happens to me in 3rd gear. It's a 99' with 87K on it. Original clutch. Anyone watching this thread have any more advice. It sounds like my flywheel might need to be replaced or machined. I just want some data before a dealership or local fix it place says I need everything replaced for a million bajillion dollars. Let me add, it actually started happening in 2nd gear yesterday.

Dump a large bottle of Chevron Techron fuel system cleaner thru it first... and clean the throttle body out...

Back