• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Climate Control fan speed. Either full high or off only!?!?

JTS97Z28

NAXJA Forum User
On the way to work today I noticed I had my a/c on but nothing was blowing out of the vents. I mess with the fan speed lever and it doesnt do anything unless its on full high setting (#4 on the control). I pulled up a tech tip that says to replace a thermal fuse but notice the pictures are showing an older XJ. I have a 2000 and was curious if these directions apply for the newer XJ's as well? Anymore info regarding this problem is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
JT

Yes, the thermal fuse in the resistor pack is basically the same, even on the newer XJ. The location on the heater box is slightly different, but that's the only real difference, and not a major one at that.

Yep. Replace the Blower Resistor. It's behind a plastic cover under the golvebox. Very easy to do. First thing I had to do on my 2000.

Yeah I got mine from the dealer. $30 or $40 if I remember correctly. Cost more than I thought it would, that's for sure.

best bet is to go to Radio Shack and just buy a new thermal fuse. they are only about $1.50 compared to the whole new pack $45 from a dealer or the $25 from napa. I just replaced my fuse about 3 months ago. took all of 20 min. can't remember the part # right now, but if you'd want i could pull the receipt and look for you.

well, i have a soldering iron, 1.50<45....that makes the decision of dealing with the dealer much easier. What value did you use for the thermal fuse?

Yep thermal fuse. Dad had same problem on his Dodge Full size van-went through two before he got one that continued to work.

Jeff

Back