• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Climate Change Junk Scientists are self-destructing.....history repeats itself

I very much agree with Old Man with regard to the uncertainty inherent in the presence of uncontrolled variables, and would add that there is additional uncertainty introduced in not being sure we have even identified all relevant variables. Precisely for these reasons, I have stated in all these discussions that humanity cannot be absolved of any and all responsibility for warming. I do not know what humanity's contribution is in comparison to natural occurrence, and don't take seriously anyone who says they do know. I consider my position the least or one of the least absolutist of all the opinions I have ever seen on this website.

I very much agree with Old Man with regard to the uncertainty inherent in the presence of uncontrolled variables, and would add that there is additional uncertainty introduced in not being sure we have even identified all relevant variables. Precisely for these reasons, I have stated in all these discussions that humanity cannot be absolved of any and all responsibility for warming. I do not know what humanity's contribution is in comparison to natural occurrence, and don't take seriously anyone who says they do know. I consider my position the least or one of the least absolutist of all the opinions I have ever seen on this website.

In trying to measure the climate and ecology, we actually tested for probably a hundred variables. People don't realize how hard it is to measure even a simple variable such as temperature. We had specialized equipment called aspriated shields. That means that they had multiple layers of insulation, were painted white, and had a forced air fan, just to try to measure the temps accurately, with out what is called sun loading. You should see how much the temp changes from minute to minute due to air currents. You could place PRT's (precision resistance thermometers) in these shields and space them at different distances from the ground, and even from each other and the variablility could be in the order of degrees. The measurement devices are each accurate to .001 degree or better.

I say this to point out that the devices are great measuring a static temperature. The problem is that the temperature isn't static. It changes constantly. So our method of measuring temperatures historically has been to measure the min and the max, and then average the two. So if it was cold all day, with the exception of a short spike, the numbers do not represent the actual truth.

But if you are a true believer you better get rid of your Jeep and move yourself to the tree hugger mobile boards, you would not want to be a hypocrite right?

I drive a gas guzzling Jeep. I love it, and I don't plan on getting rid of it anytime soon. I daisy chain my trips in an effort to save fuel. You can’t simplify these matters into “either/or” debates. You can drive a Jeep, eat bacon, buy Chinese made goods and still care about the environment, animal welfare, and fair trade practices.

LOL, so nuclear disasters are a liberal agenda too?

Just when i thought you guys couldnt go any further retard...

Sure you could, like someone that can read, see an analogy of how humans can’t effect the earth and decide that it is an accusation of blame on one political party, now that is retarded.

Back