• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

clifford header

brent

NAXJA Forum User
got it on,
img15236446a0519d7c35.jpg

img1971446a0dbb257c8.jpg

img6321446a05b2aa54e.jpg

then took it to the local muffler shop, they did a great job from there hookin it up to the rest.
img3027446a1e1959bca.jpg

img5358446a1e42730ee.jpg

img24591446a1eafe8571.jpg

img14061446a1ecb91236.jpg

and added a flex joint to allow the motor to move / help keep the thing from cracking.

now if I had a 22mm bolt to stick in the one bung I'd take the thing for a drive.:gonnablow

VERY nice, how much was the header and intall cost? I like the flex joint, good planning.

Was that a hesco head on a stroker?? Dude, I want to hump your motor :shocked: That exhuast if friggin sweet. Did the mandrel bend the pipe, or weld together pieces? I would love to have that done. My exhuast is 2.25" I believe (dynomax catback, borla header), and i know it's my bottle neck now. How much did you pay?

header coated was 500 or so, hooking the header to the rest of the exhaust with 2.25 down pipes to the Y then 2.5 through the flange and flex to the cat was 200. the bends are not mandrel bent, I could have had them do it that way, didn't see the point, I went from one 2" down pipe to two 2.25 then into the 2.5, I'm worried about the torque or lack of from having it so big.

Cjmartz2k, yea its a hesco head, yella terra 1.7 roller rockers, bigger valve springs, ect.....

I'm waiting on a 22mm plug so I can take it for a spin, hope it is impressive.

What kind of cam are you running? And is that a stroker? If so, 2.5 is certainaly not to big for it with an aluminum head. But, if your worried about it, put a blower on there. Problem solved!!! :viking:

Cjmartz2k said:
What kind of cam are you running? And is that a stroker? If so, 2.5 is certainaly not to big for it with an aluminum head. But, if your worried about it, put a blower on there. Problem solved!!! :viking:
yes it is a stroker, cam is a clifford 264 I believe, I pulled out the RVOB from hesco, didn't like it with the rockers.

I'd love a blower, don't think I'll be happy with the thing till there is one on it party1:

What are you trying to block off with the 22mm? bolt? If it is an O2 sensor hole just use an old spark plug as a temporary seal. They have the same thread pitch.

Brent, I've got to hand it to you, that rig is gorgeous!
Forget good as new, that's better than new!
Anyone who recognizes those parts has to be jealous too!
Rock on!

thanks guys,

if taking it out is the 5 mile drive home from work, so not really.

the clifford header comes with a o2 sensor, which the sensor is in, and a 22 mm hole for an air tube of some sort, probably for a non HO 4.0 EGR valve, which I don't have. so clifford sent me a plug, got it yesterday.

I like the power band much better now with the clifford cam, and 1.7 RR than I did with the hesco RVOB and the 1.7 RR, wish I could tell the diffrence between the banks header and the clifford, but with the cam change too there is no telling, no comparison before and after.

tealcherokee said:
need pics of the jeep....that thing is hot.....

more suspension detal too!
here is a pic
img25249446de0f7d546a.JPG

another working the suspension
img3522446dde3326a7c.jpg

it is the same jeep

img16145446ddd753b7ca.jpg

brent said:
yes it is a stroker, cam is a clifford 264 I believe, I pulled out the RVOB from hesco, didn't like it with the rockers.

I'd love a blower, don't think I'll be happy with the thing till there is one on it party1:
Hi,
How was the performance of the Header ?
I am planning to get one also, but since I am so far away, I would like to know how it performs.

How about the Clifford 264 ?, is it any good ?
How about the rockers ?

Overall, do you recommend your set-up ?
-Andhi (Jakarta, INDONESIA)-

Last edited:
I think Banks is only making a header for the ho head. Do you know off hand if Clifford has one for my 88?

Priandhi Satria said:
Hi,
How was the performance of the Header ?
I am planning to get one also, but since I am so far away, I would like to know how it performs.

How about the Clifford 264 ?, is it any good ?
How about the rockers ?

Overall, do you recommend your set-up ?
-Andhi (Jakarta, INDONESIA)-
I do like the setup that I now have better than what I had before,
before being a hesco stroker kit, including their RVOB cam, allong with their aluminum head, it had good low end, good top end and the middle seemed to be flat, I was also running the banks header. the idle was not smooth, didn't like this. I changed to the 1.7 roller rockers, this caused problems with the valve springs, compressing them further than they could, bending push rods and breaking springs. So I got a new cam from clifford, had the head machined for the bigger springs for the bigger lift, and since I was there I traded out the banks header for the clifford, its back together, Idle is smooth as stock, power seems to be a constant increase all the way from idle to top end.

Clifford's header comes with an O2 sensor port and a 22mm port I believe its for the EGR valve, I had to get a plug to fill the 22mm. so I believe it will work on your 88
banks only makes the HO header, which I have a new one if anyone is interested, allong with a RVOB cam that has 5000 miles on it.

Back