• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CLEGHORN IS BACK!! - Sat April 7th

EliasJ123 said:
LOL.. Andy can run Cleghorn in reverse, with his eyes closed, in a stock XJ..
How did I get sucked into this thread? And... why weren't my purple bumpers mentioned???

:eye:

EliasJ123 said:
CLEGHORN IS BACK!!

When: This Sat. April 7th - 9am
Where: Cleghorn
Why: Because It's About That Time..
Who: Jeeps of any kind.. and people.
What: hmmm.. Don't know.. Just tried to use all 5 W's
CB Channel: 12
Food: Bring your own food & drinks.

It's a fun trail run. Stock XJ's have made this run before. I don't know about YJ's though :laugh3: .. There might be one stock YJ out there. Body damage is not likely, but only possible is you try the "hard part." There are plenty of bypasses. If we get to the end early enough, we will try to do it backwards. However, you can just jump on the 138 if you head back at that time.

**As usually, parts of this run will be video taped for an Off-Roading DVD. So, if you are in the witness protection program, stay home.. :anon:

Elias
not to be a negative but you may want to postpone this for a weekend, OHV awarness weekend for the cajon area is the 7th and 8th and the they have 3 things going on in that area

1: sound level and spark arrestor checks for atv's and motorcycles as well as green sticker and red sticker enforcment (forest service enforcing)

2: law enforcment (san bernadino sherffifs not the rangers, Rangers have been more leinent and are allowing mild use of cleghorn) patroling trails enforcing legal trail use. (I was informed they will be issuing tickets for any infraction of vehicle code the officer feels is necessary)

3: search and rescue training for the high desert equestrian units. (may close an area for thier use last i herd it was undecided if it was necessary)

Just a heads up since most of the fun stuff on cleghorn is off the trail.

I do beleave the big horn sheep closure for the area is gona be moved more towards big bear this year.....at least the map I saw showed it was porposed.

let the flaming begin:badpc:

dzraces, Thanks for the heads up. However, the trip is still on. We ALWAYS tread lightly up there. And of course, we obey the laws..

And for everyone else, Quit hijacking the thread!!! :twak:

Start a different thread if you want to talk about: lift installs, purple bumpers, nutz, open doors, Big Bear or drinking.. :compwork:

Focus People, Focussssss...

:confused1

:D

Elias

EliasJ123 said:
dzraces, Thanks for the heads up. However, the trip is still on. We ALWAYS tread lightly up there. And of course, we obey the laws..
And for everyone else, Quit hijacking the thread!!! :twak:
Start a different thread if you want to talk about: lift installs, purple bumpers, nutz, open doors, Big Bear or drinking.. :compwork:
Focus People, Focussssss...

:confused1

:D
Elias

What? Are you thinking of running for BOD or something... LOL

You know that threads NEVER stay on subject.....

I will stay off of your thread, since I can't make this weekend run, though I would love to.

Ya'll have fun and be careful...

Will see ya at the trail head at 9am,ya think my rig will be capable of this trail I do have tow hooks just in case?? Will be returning back down the the trail when we are done(I will leave my tow rig and trailer at the trail head) anyone else want to go back the same way?Any "Aussies" on this run?

rpraterxj said:
What? Are you thinking of running for BOD or something... LOL - You know that threads NEVER stay on subject......
LOL.. Nope.. Hold on.. :callme:... Still nope.. :laugh3:
I know threads get off-topic all the time.. But this one just went the boonies from the get go.. lol

4xSanta said:
ya think my rig will be capable of this trail I do have tow hooks just in case?? Will be returning back down the the trail when we are done(I will leave my tow rig and trailer at the trail head) anyone else want to go back the same way?Any "Aussies" on this run?
Just in case, we'll put Andy/silverslk in front of you if you need a tug or two.. :roflmao:

I'm up for running it the other way. We just need to get things moving to get back before dark. I know that SlimsXJ has been wanting to do it both ways.

Elias

4xSanta said:
Will see ya at the trail head at 9am,ya think my rig will be capable of this trail I do have tow hooks just in case?? Will be returning back down the the trail when we are done(I will leave my tow rig and trailer at the trail head) anyone else want to go back the same way?Any "Aussies" on this run?

Why???? You got something against Aussies now mate??:laugh:

Im going to try & make it... always a fun trail!! I just got to get the ok from the miss's!

I'll let ya know!

mattyj said:
Why???? You got something against Aussies now mate??:laugh:

Im going to try & make it... always a fun trail!! I just got to get the ok from the miss's!

I'll let ya know!
Did not ask for the ok from the miss's for 35 years and guess what,she left! And I still don't ask!

mattyj said:
Sure you can..... dont think you will be able to do the hardest sections but a stocker will get through most there.

Watch what you say, Andy is the Cleghorn RULER!!! He has done this stock, drunk, with one arm tied behind his back, in reverse, while spitting game to .........ok you get the picture.

Andy, you coming out?

tcm glx said:
Watch what you say, Andy is the Cleghorn RULER!!! He has done this stock, drunk, with one arm tied behind his back, in reverse, while spitting game to .........ok you get the picture.

Andy, you coming out?

Whoa!!!! Didint realize i called out the Cleghorn "ruler". Though i was just giving some useful advice?:peace:

you guys are killing me.......now I'll get stuck, then need a pull and then my front bumper will get ripped off.

Oh wait, that was someone else at Calico!!!!

silverslk said:
you guys are killing me.......now I'll get stuck, then need a pull and then my front bumper will get ripped off.

:rof::rof:

I'm glad you didn't say my name.. DOH!!!!

Matt.. lol.. that's a good one.. Andy is now called the "Cleghorn Ruler" :worship:

Elias

EliasJ123 said:
:rof::rof:

I'm glad you didn't say my name.. DOH!!!!

Matt.. lol.. that's a good one.. Andy is now called the "Cleghorn Ruler" :worship:

Elias
Is that why your bumper was missing when you cam over today?:roflmao:

Kyung

corbinafly said:
Is that why your bumper was missing when you cam over today?:roflmao:

Kyung

LOL.. Kind of.. It was holding on by one bolt... So, I took it off and left it off when I installed my fan.. :dunce:

Elias

silverslk said:

You going on Sat Andy? Wanna sell those Baja T/A's?

tcm glx said:
You going on Sat Andy? Wanna sell those Baja T/A's?

Maybe going saturday.

So E-LIE-US doesn't get bent about the hi-jacking call me we'll talk about them and the other 4 I may be getting all 33x10.50x15's

silverslk said:
Maybe going saturday.

So E-LIE-US doesn't get bent about the hi-jacking call me we'll talk about them and the other 4 I may be getting all 33x10.50x15's
Send me a PM!! I want, you interested in my 33" BFG Muds.....

Can't wait to go to Cleghorn..(so that Eli doesn't complain about the thread)

tcm glx said:
Can't wait to go to Cleghorn..(so that Eli doesn't complain about the thread)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Good to see that we're all on the same page here..

Now back to business at hand > :repair:

LOL...

Elias

Back