• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Clef run saturday??

Never been... I see on Dirtopia there is a manly-man's trail and a girly-girl's trail, and you can choose before-hand which trail to take....

So if a flat, level, graded dirt road is a 1, and large boulders, broken axles, and winching is a 10..... Where does Cleghorn fall?

I have a friend with a built TJ that is just itch'n to get out...

I've got a 4.5" LA lift with 32's, rock rails, locked front and rear....

I could be down for this..... (Or the powder-puff run to see the pretty flowers...:gee: )

Your set up would walk right through the toughest obstacles on Cleghorn. I went with a guy last year in an XJ with a 3.5" lift, 31's, and open front and rear and he got through everything with little struggle.

so how about some for
"sure i'm gonna go!!!!" lol

If your talking to me, I can't. Wedding and nephew's birthday on the same day. My whole day is tied up. Hopefully you will be able to get a good group to go. It's a fun trail.

naw brother i know u have the family stuff.. we'll have to plan another run...

Andy (silverslk) ran the whole thing and hit every obstacle with nothing but 1/2" coil spacers up front and 30" ATs. BUT he knew what he was doing... im not telling every stocker to go up there and hit it.

Cleghorn is lots of fun, lots of off camber stuff but not to the point where you'll tip (unless you do something stupid). it gets busy up there sometimes as bikes and quads like to run the trail backwards.

if you have working 4wd, you can run cleghorn. if you dont feel up to an obstacle or it looks to crazy, there is a graded fire road that weaves between all of them. so you can skip one and watch everyone run it, then meet em on the other side of it.

don't go alone, and make sure you have a spare tire if you are airing down. i've seen more than a few popped beads up there.

have fun.

:D

June1607SlimdumpsitonCleghorn049.jpg

haha That was Dave, "SLIMSXJ". he likes the skinny pedal and isnt afraid of doing damage. you should have seen it after he fixed it, you'd never even know it happened. I miss that guy.

That is not a normal occurance up there, but it happens from time to time.

ok guys looks like the cleg run saturday is gonna be cancelled for now.. not enough interest and i have a funeral to go to that afternoon.... so when i figure out another day we'll get that posted.. if u have suggestions on a better date pls feel free to post up!

Back