• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cleanup @ Spyder Lake, Aug 7th.

Thanks to everyone involved! There was even a piece on the local news this morning on UPN31. Doug Brower was interviewing Del, and talking about all of the positive things FOTR and POR have done for the trail. It was funny hearing them talk round-about the act of picking up Sh#t. It is great to see this kind of GOOD press for the 4wd community, and positive recognition of the people involved. THANKS! again to everyone involved!

-Jerry

Great job in participating Guy's.

It's enlightening to see what a determined group can accomplish in a days work. Having a large group makes the project much easier (and more fun). The more we accomplish to support cooperative goals of proper trail management (more than just moving rocks) the better standing we will have when the land managers review support for a motorized trail system.

These cleanups and the volunteer patrol are valuable steps to direct the future of the trail (and to show the County and USFS what is possible through enthusiast resources).

A follow up letter to the press reports will help keep the positive aspects of your effort in the public awareness (more subscribers read letters to the editor than any other section of the newspaper). If you have links to any articles on the clean up please post them (so others can comment on the good effort).

Thank you to Jes and all involved! It was my first time on the Rubicon, and it looked great! (Most of) the people were great too!

Phil Weeks said:
Thank you to Jes and all involved! It was my first time on the Rubicon, and it looked great! (Most of) the people were great too!

Did you go with your rig or catch a ride with Brett? Did you swap the axles from your mj into your xj yet?

Phil Weeks said:

hey phil, who gave you $hit? i bet it was brett. :roll:

P8070669.jpg

MJ axles are essential. They've been in a while now.

Great to see you wheeling again Phil. Nice pic on the slab overlooking Loon Lake. That's be a good avatar pic man, you got a great xj, I think you need to let the mj go. Your coming on the Fordyce run right?

he's not making it to Fordyce, just the Rubicon portion of the trip.

it would make a decent avatar
P8070669avatar.jpg

but I like this one better, Phil trying to catch up with SeanP with pinstripes on the green doors, he's about half-way there
P8070688avatar.jpg

(better shot here: http://www.xjdb.com/albums/upload/P8070689resize.jpg )

(phil, I found more pictures I forgot to upload, they're up now. upload yours when you get a chance)

Back