• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cleaned up Driveway Shots: EOR Cage, 37's, Bumpers, etc.

pottenger said:
Give us some feedback on the tires. Are they as good as you hoped?

Let's put it this way... I'm already saving towards another set... They are absolutely the stickiest tire I've ever seen.. The XJ was walking stuff on 37's that guys on 44's and 40's were having to beat it to get up..

I am beyond happy with them... and as long as I can keep getting my hands on a competition set... they'll be the last tires I ever own...

Mosephus said:
In think he just meant get out there and have a good time. Very cool build, love the cage. Be sure to get some good action shots. :)

No.

GrimmJeeper said:
i thought he meant to load it up so he could come take it for a spin when ya werent lookin :D

Fawk no.

uncc civilengineer said:
May I ask why? If it's in regards to the center bar and weight... it just doesnt bother me.. Im used to hauling a 110# spare back there so the weight of picking up a cooler just doesnt bother me...

I also think it would be pretty easy to securly strap it to that rear bar where you only have to open the lid to get stuff out...

But I rearely ever haul a large cooler and if I did I would set it directly behind the pass or driver seat strapped to a corner where I would only have to open a rear door to get stuff out..

Even if you put it behind the seats, that opening looks small enough that you'ld have to put it in through the hatch. And I don't know how it is out there, but out here it seems like you generally wheel in, pull out most of your stuff and set up camp, then reload all your stuff and wheel back out. That bar looks like a PITA that I'd cut out the first time I got home from a run.

Phil said:
No.

Fawk no.

Even if you put it behind the seats, that opening looks small enough that you'ld have to put it in through the hatch. And I don't know how it is out there, but out here it seems like you generally wheel in, pull out most of your stuff and set up camp, then reload all your stuff and wheel back out. That bar looks like a PITA that I'd cut out the first time I got home from a run.

Well... I tow my jeep... get to where we're going.. unload the XJ off the trailer... unload the tow rig... strap down my tools in the back of the XJ... strap down the cooler... wheel... come back and either camp or sleep in a cabin..

I just dont understand how that one bar could be that big of a PITA? I mean it's approx 10" up in the air.. if you cant pick up a cooler/tent/spare tire that far how do you take lug nuts off?

Heck, even w/ that bar that high my jeep sits lower than a lot of people around on here on 33's and 35's... dont see them complaining about having to put stuff in the back..

quick question....is that the jeepspeed EOR cage? and if so what "options" did you add onto it?

5spd_xj said:
quick question....is that the jeepspeed EOR cage? and if so what "options" did you add onto it?

It is a EOR Jeepspeed cage... nothing added so far.. I did have to cut and renotch some of the spreaders. I'm going to add a door bar and a rear shock mount in the next week or so..

Jimbo_1321 said:
very nice, it's so nice to see someone driving with a little finesse rather than trying to just bomb up stuff.
your jeep is so nice.
I'm jealous.

I tend to only bomb it when I start getting mad b/c it wont get up something.... other than that I try to take it easy..

Looking good man, weird how my Jeep would be close to identical of yours if I never got sick ha.

Those sticky Maxxis are the sheet, my buddy use to run cut 44" boggers and he went down to 40" Creepys and he walks stuff he use to have trouble with.

BTT bc this is an awesome truck.

Loving the looks of that tire rim combo. Glad I went with the AR's with 4.5" bs:thumbup:

That XJ is bad ass, makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. LOL

oo7ravisXJ said:
I thought this thread died....

why would you want this thread to die?? too jealous when you're lookin at it? ;) its a sick jeep i love looking at these pictures....:loveu:

Back