• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Clayton 8" lift

I found the Clayton Off Road 8" lift for the Cherokee to be interesting, with the coil conversion for the rear. I like the idea. Has anyone had any experiance with that lift? or any detailed pics of the rear to see how it sets up would be cool.

Yes, great guy, and quality parts/service

This was the proto, but I don't think it changed much
new_0061256.jpg

welding required!

Dude i am aware he is just asking! everyone wants gigantic tires and huge axles..problem is it costs mega bucks to do it right..that's why i asked the questions i asked..33 inch tires will go about anywhere 35's will .. see my point? what build a 20 thousand dollar rig to cruz the mall?

I understood. I run 33's already. Can go a lot of places already. I know that some trails require at least 35's. I'd leake to be able to go on any trail one day. My Jeep is never done as are mostly everyone elses. It's a big thing for me also to build a street legal rig, I like to be able to show it off, off road and on the street. I am not ready for any more lift than I have already yet. but I like asking about products for when I am. I'm very well aware of the prices, they hurt.

Really if you want 40's build a truggy or buggy.. the xj isn't really suited for 40's without cutting it to shreds.. goatman just built a really nice xj buggy.. that virtually will go anywhere!Lock your axles and roll with your 33's or 35's.tear it up lol..

I have a Clayton 8" coil conversion. There are some pictures on NAXJA taken at the Fall Fling 2006 but here are some of the ramp pictures taken at Clayton's workshop.

DSC_0048.jpg

DSC_0043.jpg

It took me quite a while to get used to driving it with rear coils after spending so many years with a leaf sprung XJ.

Yes. 35" tires are as large as I need to go. My old '93 was on 33's for years, going to 35" was more out of curiosity than actual need. Even with 4.88 gears on the 2001, those tires are a lot heavier to get rolling than 33's on 4.56 gears and it takes a lot more stopping power than the four disc setup I currently have. I under estimated how much difference the extra weight would make, so this year I am going to upgrade it with the VancoPBS twin piston caliper kit up front.

This is probably my last XJ. But if I were to build another it would be tough for me to decide between 33" and 35" tires now that I have had both.

Hey Vince, here's one of you at Calico.

IMG_0344.jpg

Back