• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Chrysler 8.25" fron '99 complete

igotanxj

NAXJA Forum User
Got the whole thing for sale- drum to drum including brake cables. Lincoln-locked 29 spline 8.25 inch rear end. It has the shock mounts cut off and re-welded flush with the axle tube for more clearance. It's in pieces now, but its all there. I'll include the U-bolts too. It was going to be my next project, but Im moving so I just want it gone now. $150

Last edited:
About 2 hours, yes I'd take $100.
It's 3.55 ratio.

Also, i feel like I should add just so there's no surprises...
I took it apart so I can modify it and now I have to move. The axles are pulled out, seals removed, brakes and backing plates removed, cover and differential carrier removed. It's a 3.55 ratio. I removed the brakes and backing plates because I was planning on swapping on Liberty or Grand Cherokee rear disk brakes. I was also planning on adding an Aussie Locker and alloy shafts and changing the gear ratio. The pinion gear is still installed and the ring gear is still installed on the diff carrier. I have all the pieces to get it working again except axle seals, brake shoes and hardware kit, everything else is there. You would have to set up the differential carrier again, clean it up and put it back together to get it running.

Ummm whats all involved with setting up the carrier? I'm planning to go with Zj disks so the rest is alright. I never tore down an axle so I don't know what's involved in putting it back together.

Ummm whats all involved with setting up the carrier? I'm planning to go with Zj disks so the rest is alright. I never tore down an axle so I don't know what's involved in putting it back together.
if you're not sure what's involved it's not something to attempt.

Back