• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Chrysler 8.25 29 spline

Definitely need a traction bar for mine too, I've been replacing the rear u-joint at the pinion quite a bit. Already bugging Tim from LII about the one he has designed, but not released haha. A basic truss will go on at the same time. Something like IRO's rear truss would work fine, just a little more strength.

Oh, and I didn't actually shave mine, but the rocks have completely taken that lip off over the years. It's flush with the diff cover now.

Meh just bust out the full float D60 ;) I'm in the process of rebuilding a FF D60 I just got. Just got it back from sand blasting today and started priming/painting.

I'll admit D60 FF is prob over kill for me, but I'd rather not have to worry about my rear axle. The 8.25 is a rather nice axle tbh.

Shaved, trussed(RuffStuff), RuffStuff cover, Yukon Shafts, Aussie Locker, ready for a traction bar, raised shock mounts and Nitro 4.88 gears.

The axle was free
Aussie=$225
Truss=$100
Yukon shafts on sale=$100, Bought them 8 years ago! Can't seem to snap them!
RS cover=$100
gears and install kit, no labor(did it myself)=$250

I have wheeled this axle hard on 35's and no issues. Would I like to have a D-60, sure if they made one that was stock width. I'm not into full width set-ups for a street driven XJ but to each is own.

I have no regrets with the 8.25

What Truss is that? Is that the Ruff Stuff Universal Truss?

Back