• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cherokee returns to the Chrysler lineup........????????

It's probably gonna be some a$$ lame crap box to get their fleet emissions # down.

I'm seriously hoping I'm wrong. Because chrysler has used the last of its nine lives as far as I'm concerned.

Let the XJ rest in peace. A new Cherokee being basied off an already existing platform is a bad idea, but a good indication of what it will look like. Nothing like what we would ever want, or drive.

Let the XJ rest in peace. A new Cherokee being basied off an already existing platform is a bad idea, but a good indication of what it will look like. Nothing like what we would ever want, or drive.

yup, thats pretty much how i feel about jeep. i really dont know why anyone would be interested in anything jeep has done in the last 10 years!

this is 2011, a solid axle'd, light weight rig WILL NOT BE BUILT!!! and even it if was, it would have a million electrical circuits, tire pressure monitoring systems, and 10 airbags... all that shit would make it a $30k+ vehicle...

NOT INTERESTED! XXXX OFF JEEP!

..,I really don't know why anyone would be interested in anything jeep has done in the last 10 years!
Um,..

Rubicon?.. in 2002?

Actually, I have some fond memories from driving a M-151 mutt around a mud hole and a sand box. I don't think IFS, or IRS, is a deal killer by themselves. The way they're building them now sucks, 'cause they're aiming at "nice ride,.. just like a car!",.. but imagine:

A SWB, like a Wrangler. Around 15"-18" A-arms, 8"-9" of travel, maybe small portal boxes at the hubs,(think half-size H-1) telescoping half shafts instead of the crappy half-ass inner CV/slip joint assemblies they use now.
Flat bottom with full skid plates.
Yeah, I know, never get built. Heck, never get past the lawyers. But hey,.. :rof:

And guys,.. The Liberty was only the Liberty here because of a marketing decision. Everywhere else in the world, Bert was called "Cherokee".

It could be worse. Chrystler could be selling the Jeep brand off to Fiat totally. It hasnt been sold off in a long time. Fiat, or some Chinese company. Stripped down, basic hurky off roaders are just not in the cards anymore from the factory. there's a point where if you want something just how you like it, buy some tools and make what you want.
I'm a fan of high tech, its fun and awe-inspiring but i am also a no-frills kinda person when it comes down to it. the times, they are a changin'.

It could be worse. Chrystler could be selling the Jeep brand off to Fiat totally. It hasnt been sold off in a long time. Fiat, or some Chinese company. Stripped down, basic hurky off roaders are just not in the cards anymore from the factory. there's a point where if you want something just how you like it, buy some tools and make what you want.
I'm a fan of high tech, its fun and awe-inspiring but i am also a no-frills kinda person when it comes down to it. the times, they are a changin'.

My LR has fewer frills than the new GC which holds the distinction as a the only current production "luxury car" that is an unsafe, overweight parking lot pounder.

Chrysler joins the realm of wanna bees and mall wheelers; their customers are now able to say "Fix It Again Tony".
I for one will stick with old iron until I can no longer get or fabricate it; no wana bee, unworthy of even light off road travel, vehicles for me.
I don't really care any more; the Jeep name started degrading toward meaninglessness years ago, when it became a brand instead of a vehicle.

Enjoy!

Chrysler joins the realm of wanna bees and mall wheelers; their customers are now able to say "Fix It Again Tony".
the Jeep name started degrading toward meaninglessness years ago, when it became a brand instead of a vehicle.

Enjoy!

I couldn't agree more.

Chrysler makes a light, solid axle vehicle currently!

It has the option of a garbage engine (2008-2011) or an overly complicated engine (2012+) ... I predict the pentastar engine will earn a name as pentajunk or pentacrap. I don't trust chrysler anything - chrysler electronics especially. I'm not sure how I would feel about being in the woods, or up to my headlights in mud with a completely electronic engine.

It seems that the more Chrysler influence they get, the worse they are.

XJ/TJ are good. ZJ has horrible Chrysler transmission, JK is just a complete piece of garbage all the way around.

Chrysler makes a light, solid axle vehicle currently!

It has the option of a garbage engine (2008-2011) or an overly complicated engine (2012+) ... I predict the pentastar engine will earn a name as pentajunk or pentacrap. I don't trust chrysler anything - chrysler electronics especially. I'm not sure how I would feel about being in the woods, or up to my headlights in mud with a completely electronic engine.

It seems that the more Chrysler influence they get, the worse they are.

XJ/TJ are good. ZJ has horrible Chrysler transmission, JK is just a complete piece of garbage all the way around.

its a jk for a reason, (just kidding)

I've heard good things about what they did with the axles (well, better than most other things I hear anyways) and supposedly the 6-speed manual trans in the JK is pretty good... unless I am misinformed. Transfer case is pretty nice too IIRC.

The style is growing on me but the low ground clearance and rock anchor crossmember/skidplate/whatever thing aren't so hot. And it's only going to get worse from here.

Oh, and the motor belongs in a minivan. A JK with a 360 or (drool) 440 from the factory would be straight up badass though.

Yay!..
The Compass,..
The Patriot,..
Now Bert looses it's balls.

I'll probably live long enough to see the next gen Wrangler.

Maybe they can make a new badge to put on all the jeeps, something spiffy, with a pink bow, to signify it can make a lap around the mall of America without breaking down,...

lmfao! :laugh2: call it "Mall Rated"

Oh, and the motor belongs in a minivan. A JK with a 360 or (drool) 440 from the factory would be straight up badass though.

hemi.

the aftermarket is already doing it, and chrysler already has a pile of them.

Back