• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cherokee Buggy Project

Kaczman

Lurker
NAXJA Member
I've decided it's time to get rid of the Jeep. It has been on the hardest trails from JV to Colorado, including Utah, and Las Cruces. It is NOT ready to run as I was planning on another rebuild but I've run out of motivation. I'll sell as a complete project or individual parts. Many are band new, some are used and never installed, and some have been tested in the rig for some time. Here's the specs and prices:

87 XJ Narrowed 10" in the front and 18" rear. Triangulated front and rear 4 links, subframed, caged. 16 gal fuel cell. 5 point harnesses. Has spare fenders, header panel and unfinished narrowed hood. Here's how it currently sits:

DSCN0126.jpg

DSCN0125.jpg

Engine:
Accurate Power built 4.6L stroker. ~80k on it. Runs strong and was built and broken in before the low zinc oil caused cam issues.
$750

Trans:
AW4 out of a 96 XJ. 23 spline output
RCP fab manual shifter with park lock out so you can slam from D to R without worrying about hitting Park instead. New never installed.
$300
IMAG0156_zpsae1a80a9.jpg

Derale Trans cooler with integrated fan p/n 16510
All fittings needed for AW4 installation (over $225 in new plumbing alone)
$250

Front Dana 60:
2002 Super Duty narrowed to 67"
Stock 35 spline inners (Long side has been cut and re-splined)
Alloy USA 35 spline outters (NEW)
Unit bearings drilled to standard 8x6.5 pattern and bored for 35 spline shafts. Rear U.B. nut pinned
Synergy Suspension 35 spline flanges (NEW)
Spicer U-joints (NEW)
Weaver's Rod Shop machined knuckles with double keyed high steer arms. Undrilled so you can set the perfect steering (NEW)
Yukon thick 4.88 gears (NEW)
Master install kit (NEW)
Stock Carrier.
$1850
attachment-1_zps889421f6.jpg

attachment_zpsb801a971.jpg

Rear 60 67" WMS
Spindles bored for 35 spline shafts
BlackMax 35 spline flanges (NEW)
Branik double splined heat treated 4340 shafts (NEW)
Yukon 4.88 gears and install kit (NEW)
$1200

DSCN0129.jpg

Performance Offroad Full Hydro steering:
3" ram, 1.5" shaft 8" travel double ended ram
Finned reservoir with filter
Howe TC pump and pulley

$750

100-0004_IMG.jpg

Atlas 3:8
23 spline input with 1" XJ spacer already installed
Standard shifters
1310 CV yokes
$1750

(2) ORI STX struts
16" travel, 3 trails in the hammers. Minor scratches from mock up.
$1150

(4) 39" BFG Stickies on Raceline Monster 233 aluminum beadlocks.
The wheel are brand spankin new. 17x8.5 8x6.5 pattern 4.75" Backspacing
2 tires are 85%, 2 are 90%, there are a couple standard cuts on the lugs.
$3200

DSCN0142.jpg

DSCN0132.jpg

(8) 1 1/4 heims. (NEW)
$200

Premier Power Welder 170 amp alternator and Mobi Arc welder.
$500

I'm sure Ive forgotten a bunch of details. Hit me up with any questions. Thanks

-Jon

Just out of curiosity, what wouldbe the price for you to slap the axles back in it and throw all the rest of the parts in the back? A total package deal with the rig as a roller basically.

It would take a some work to make it a roller. The axles would need tabs, trusses, and spring/ shock mounts. The front needs ball joints and wheel studs. I sold the old axles to fund this portion of the build and these are bare. I can price out the additional parts needed and get you a total if it's a viable option.

-Jon

I got you, I didnt realise these weren't the axles for it. As I said, I was just curious.

I don't know the mileage on the transmission. I bought it from FireLt. for $200 this spring and never installed it. The fluid looks good. I paid over $350 for the shifter, so buy the shifter and get a free tranny :). I'll sell the transmission alone for what I paid for it. Thanks

-Jon

Damn Jon...hate to see it go!

SO much want with the stuff ya have there! :D

$750 for the full hyrdo system is a damn good deal...paid over twice that for mine! If you're willing to let the hydro hoses go by themselves...I'd definitely be interested since I have that exact same setup and need mine for the buggy!

Wish ya had that AW4 cooler up sooner, would have snagged that from you instead of piecing together mine.

Just out of curiosity...what would you want for just the Racelines?

Damn Jon...hate to see it go!

SO much want with the stuff ya have there! :D

$750 for the full hyrdo system is a damn good deal...paid over twice that for mine! If you're willing to let the hydro hoses go by themselves...I'd definitely be interested since I have that exact same setup and need mine for the buggy!

Wish ya had that AW4 cooler up sooner, would have snagged that from you instead of piecing together mine.

Just out of curiosity...what would you want for just the Racelines?

Yeah, the steering wasn't cheap, but I still think it was one of the best mods I made. The hoses were fairly affordable. I had them made at a hydraulic shop in Commerce City. I'll try to look em up if you're interested.

I'm asking $1300 for just the wheels, $2100 for the tires, or buy both and save money :)

Do the heims have bungs or missalignment stuff?

I only have the heims. Ruffstuff has about the best prices for the bungs and spacers.

-Jon

I've had a few questions about the chassis. It's been used and abused and will need some TLC to be ready. The price would depend on what is included (seats, harnesses, fuel cell, links, bumpers, in cab winch wiring...) It needs the new header panel narrowed and installed, new fenders and the sectioned hood finished (I have everything to make the front nice again :) ). It'd probably be better to see it in person, but I'll gladly send pics to anyone serious. Just a ballpark price would be $750 stripped, but I'm negotiable.

I've had a few questions about the chassis. It's been used and abused and will need some TLC to be ready. The price would depend on what is included (seats, harnesses, fuel cell, links, bumpers, in cab winch wiring...) It needs the new header panel narrowed and installed, new fenders and the sectioned hood finished (I have everything to make the front nice again :) ). It'd probably be better to see it in person, but I'll gladly send pics to anyone serious. Just a ballpark price would be $750 stripped, but I'm negotiable.

I want to see this beast before you get rid of it

I want to see this beast before you get rid of it
Stop by! I haven't been home much lately, but if the Dodge is in the driveway I'm around. I'll be in and out this week and weekend.

still have the atlas?
Yup. :). Lots of tire kickers, but no cash yet.

I also have a complete OBA set up with Sanden compressor, pressure switch, in cab guage and line.
$50

I'm going to start pulling the accessories off of the engine soon, but it's currently complete if anyone is interested in the engine and would like to hear it run.

-Jon

Back