• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Check out Iceland Offroad's new cutout flares

Done!

S5000079.jpg

so your running 6.5 lift with 35's? do you think you could go bigger tires? Or less lift with that tire setup? I have a RE 4.5 and wondering if these would be to much for 33's and or not enought for 35's? Its hard to tell but it looks like you have a ton of clearance on the front?

Those look great, I love me a built white 2 door. What happens when you tuck one of your front tires up into a flare and turn the wheel though? I had that problem with Bushwackers and ended up trimming the crap out of the inside of the flare so I wouldnt break them or tear them off. Will it be bump stopped before that becomes an issue?

Also fwiw, I emailed Those Guys Rod and Customs about their tube flares and those run atleast $800 a set. If someone could build tubes for less or equal to the price of these if sure they'd have a hot selling product.

so your running 6.5 lift with 35's? do you think you could go bigger tires? Or less lift with that tire setup? I have a RE 4.5 and wondering if these would be to much for 33's and or not enought for 35's? Its hard to tell but it looks like you have a ton of clearance on the front?
I could definitely tuck 37's in there! I'm at 6.5"s of lift right now, but after I build bumpers and sliders I'm hopeing it will lower a bit. I'm think about dropping the lift down to about 5"s

Wow those look awesome. I wish someone would buy a pair and start molding them from urethane.
I prefer fiberglass because its strong and very easy to fix, If iceland offroad goes under I'll make mold

I could definitely tuck 37's in there! I'm at 6.5"s of lift right now, but after I build bumpers and sliders I'm hopeing it will lower a bit. I'm think about dropping the lift down to about 5"s

thanks man... well this might be my answer to 35's on a 4.5 lift :) I wll call iceland on Monday and see what they say and see if they take CC (they only show paypal on their web site as I want to be able to get my money back if they dont ship)

You say you're at 6.5" of lift... do you think you could flatten out the leaf before stuffing the tire into the sheet metal somewhere?
I don't think so, I haven't got a chance to flex it out at all yet. I still need to finish up a couple things before I drive it

I don't think so, I haven't got a chance to flex it out at all yet. I still need to finish up a couple things before I drive it
Cool. I'm going to be pushing it as far as how much I can stuff. I'll be running a 35x12.50 on 17x9's. My travel will mostly be all straight up, but I'm looking for a way to trim and be able to stuff tires without eating sheetmetal every time I hit a bump.

thanks man... well this might be my answer to 35's on a 4.5 lift :) I wll call iceland on Monday and see what they say and see if they take CC (they only show paypal on their web site as I want to be able to get my money back if they dont ship)

If you order I would demand COD delivery. That's if you can get him to answer the phone. His Paypal account was closed and he has many disputes logged with Paypal because he doesn't deliver the product when he says he does. Some have waited 6 months to get something. Some have not gotten their order after 6 months. I ordered mine over 2 months ago and have been promised them at my door weeks ago. Emil will just keep telling you they be "shipped next week". You'll never see them is my experience.

Says they come with all the mounting hardware. Guessing they're screwed or bolted to the body. I have zero need for cut fenders, but they're sharp. I really dig the front bumper they have too.

X2...I really like the bumper also. Does it come unfinished? They're website is not very descriptive!

You do realize that bumper is fiberglass?

You do realize the header panel is fiberglass too right??

X2...I really like the bumper also. Does it come unfinished? They're website is not very descriptive!

You do realize the header panel is fiberglass too right??
It comes with white gel-coat, but it needs to be painted... they put body filler in the low spots on the gelcoat, so there actuall white with brown spots haha

You also realize the header panel isn't meant to take impacts, right?

And its about half as thick as those bumpers. I'd much rather have steel bumpers!

And its about half as thick as those bumpers. I'd much rather have steel bumpers!

You beat me to it! The header panel is at most 1/8" thick, closer to 1/16", the bumper is 1/4" thick, and if you look, he has a link to pictures of where it got smacked on a rock. Yes, it is fiberglass, and yes, if it is hit hard enough it will crack. Fiberglass is easily, and cost effectively repairable. Steel is repairable too, IF you have the equipment, but it does take more work!

That being said, obviously, a steel bumper WILL be stronger than fiberglass, however, I have yet to see ANY bumper, that will withstand ANY impact and come out unscathed completely.

I'm sure that this bumper would stand up to 70% or better of the type of wheeling most of us do here. Especially when a lot of us use them for our DD.

i could see the appeal for prerunning...

light weight, lighter than steel at least.

hell, could even appeal to a weekend warrior, someone who doesnt wheel their jeep hard or at all. the weight savings would help gas milage and on road characteristics. would i buy it and head out to the stomping grounds? no. would i buy it period? no.

Back