• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

check my front tube bumper design

zacattack

NAXJA Forum User
Here's what I'm planning. Does anyone see any areas of concern that I should take a look at? (wondering about strength of tubes mounted to frame plates :dunno: ) (I'll probably tie in the corners of the bumper to the frame plates too.)
Main tubes will be 1 3/4" .120 wall DOM, frame plates either 3/16" or 1/4" plate, 1/2" shackle mounts. Thanks for your imput!

bumerdesign.jpg

kujito said:
Maybe add some support for the stinger to keep it from folding back onto the hood/grill.
Looks more like a pre-runner bar than a stinger, as stingers usually aren't flat on top. No any added support for that is necessary.

One thing I might do, instead of just welding the 1/2 shackle mount to the side of the frame mount, I would have the shackle mount as part of the tie in, so it is one solid piece, then weld on another 1/4 plate to the side of that to get a 1/2 shackle mount. Would be stronger than just welding the two together.

that's a great idea for the shackle mounts! I'm debating on adding supports to the hoop, but i figure i can start here and add those later if I want to.

Back