• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cheap upgrades

big cherokee

NAXJA Forum User
ok so i saw the thred on the cheap sye and im gettin ready to do that since i cant use my stock set up anymore(little two high now) but is there any other options for the drive shaft part. im running a ford nine inch that works with the stock jeep u-joints is there any way i could use a drive shaft out of the front of a cherokee and have it lenghted to work. my rear pinion is perfectly set up to be in line with the drive line. so i dont think i need double cv set up. will this work. HELP PLEASE

If you have some fab skills, read the rest of the article about lengthening a drive shaft. I am going to be doing some junk yard shopping to try and find a donor that does not need modification, but for now, modifying is fairly easy and cheap.

http://www.4x4getaways.com/oldmansye.htm

Around here if you have the shaft, you can get it lengthened for less than a hundred bucks.

do you think a drive line shop would lenghthen it for me. im pretty sure that ford drive line came from a newer bronco and i know where i can get one of those that i can maybe lenghten or shorten. i can also get a front drive shaft out of a xj with dc hooked to it which would you suggest.

thanks for the help.

If your pinion is pointed at the T-case output, you need a double cardan joint just like the front XJ driveshaft... if it is parallel then you need a single U-joint at each end.

Back