• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Chapter fund raising

KRAKER

NAXJA Forum User
We're broke. Anyone have some ideas on how to raise money? e.g. new shirts/hats, some sort of fundraiser, e.t.c.? Perhaps a design contest within the chapter? I can front some dough if need be. Put your idea in the hat.

Swimsuit carwash?

Seriously though...Get donations from local vendors for advertisment and hold a national raffle. Can we have local sponsors here in our chapter forum and make a sticky of local vendors that support NAXJA?

We don't have to only make money from the local guys. Make it a live raffle and post the winners for each item here on the forum as they are drawn. Maybe make it that the winner has to reply to the thread within a certain period like radio shows do.

though if we have a raffle now and vendors donate, will they be likely to donate for the RF replacement? not trying to put down the idea, just trying to look ahead.

on a side note, what can we do to take control of the prior account? does the ex-prez have access to it? is national aware?

There is no account. They just kept a pile of cash. National is aware and this may become a legal issue. Brian (or anyone for that matter) can't get a hold of Jon.

If need be I'll buy the damn thing and raffle it off. As long as I am reimbursed.

Yayyyyy.

Just got off the phone with Jon, He was very short with me. There is an account that he kept the money in. He thinks the quickest and easiest way to get us the money would be to close the account and send us a cashiers check with it a long with the official Non-profit letter for us to set up a new account.

He has work off on Monday and will be getting a hold of me to handle the transfer of funds and closure of the account.

What's the balance? John I was thinking more of multiple items. Can we advertise for local vendors if the sponsor the chapter and not national?

well still dont know the balance. But as I was staring at the top of the naxja page I realized where a good place to start with asking for raffle donations and other ideas to get some change.... all of the supporting vendors at the top of the page that have ads? Definitely a good list to start calling up.

So lets say 4wheelers supply on washington is a sponsor already we cant call them up seeing if the want to donate a part towards our national event?

Nope. The sponsorship program can be assinign any and all vendors hip products to one location. Then they products are spread equally to the chapters. So brown dog ships bison products to bfe then they're shipped back to AZ.

Cg 4 wheelers has a 50/50 drawing at every meeting. $1 a ticket 6 for $5 Half to the club, half to the winner. Make this a members only drawing at M&G's, Runs, camp trips, potlucks etc....
Generate some funds for the chapter. Sometimes the pot is twice what your yearly dues are. Its out in the open for all to see. It works for us should work here as well.

CD posted this in his thread in the members forum. I like this idea. I don't know why I hadn't thought of that since my Local does the same thing at our meetings. We could do a 50/50 at RF and again in October IF there is enough interest from attendees.

Ideas/comments?

CD posted this in his thread in the members forum. I like this idea. I don't know why I hadn't thought of that since my Local does the same thing at our meetings. We could do a 50/50 at RF and again in October IF there is enough interest from attendees.

Ideas/comments?

Not to interject, but before you undertake this, please look into the legality of it. Take a look at this: http://www.gm.state.az.us/misc-pdf/TopGamingViolations.pdf

At least we considered someones idea.

Back