• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Chapter camping event

azdesertrhino

NAXJA Forum User
What do y'all think about setting up a camping event for the chapter in Florence? Maybe in March when it's not quite as cool. Do a Fri, Sat and pull out Sunday. :patriot:

Jim, count me in. I guess we should come up with a weekend and see how many people are interested.
tipshades.gif

I think it would go over real well. I read your PM and want you to know I appreciate your willingness to step up.

I've not had a lot of experience with some of the areas here so your expertise is a real asset!!

Does a 3 day Fri, Sat, Sun work for you in March? A Sat, Sun, Monday can be feasible also. Lets pick a weekend and start the planning stuff.

I think we'll have a big turn-out so we better lay out a good game plan but this could be a precursor to a national event.

Heading up friday sounds good and is a little easier to get off work. Plus the better camping areas may not be available by saturday on a busy weekend up there.
tipshades.gif

March 23, 24 & 25 works well for me, how does that look for you Steve?

Steven, you still out there? :wave:

If that weekend will work for you let me know and we'll start setting it up!!

Jim, I have to check with some fly-fishing buds. I am supposed to be coming back from the san juan river on the 23rd.

Let’s see what steven says.
tipshades.gif

azdesertrhino said:
March 23, 24 & 25 works well for me, how does that look for you Steve?

Steven, you still out there? :wave:

If that weekend will work for you let me know and we'll start setting it up!!

So far, things sound good...

Unfortunately, the way my job goes, I won't know definate until time gets closer.

But so far, you can count the wife and I in.

Steven

XJ20 said:
Go ahead and plan on the 23rd.

I’ll be fighting san juan bow’s all week prior to and returning to arizona on the 16th now.
tipshades.gif

I'll probably make the initial post this evening. Any specific recommendations?
Or if you like, make the initial post with your specific recommendations or requirements and we'll go from there.

We’re going to camp on blm land off cottonwood canyon rd. We’ll work out some trails depending on the response. RV and trailer parking. Primitive camping. I’ll pm some other things.
tipshades.gif

That's great Steve, PM me when you have time. I'm just checking to see if the are any specific recommendations you have specific to the trails and camping areas. I think it will be a pretty big turn out and just want it to be successful.

I'd like to look at this as a test run for a national event next year.

Back