• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Chalk Bluff Report

HTeK

NAXJA Forum User
For all you Grass Valley/Auburn folks... (hmmmm.... two of us...)

Chalk bluff is pretty tore up, lots of snow and a fair amount of mud. Needless to say, I didnt make it too far. For a couple rigs on 35's it would be a blast trying to get from the start of chalk bluff to Buckeye. Although I cant say for sure how it looks up top, I dont doubt that 40's would be needed to break through to Hwy 20 (unless someone has already gotten through).

If you are gonna run it, you should do it before the funfest. Word on the street is that all the "Extreme Runs" have been cancelled because there is too much snow and chalk bluff just became the extreme run. After they run it, it might be more passable.

-jm

I think you're both talking about me, so yeah! let's do it! actually, Friday might be better for me. I've never been up there before though, so Justin (it is Justin, right?) maybe you should come with us and show us the way. You can follow our tracks or ride along, either way.

Phil, if we do this we would probably have to forget Saturday ("MLK weekend run" thread), I'm probably only up for one day that weekend. Besides, I think it's still just us on that one, so no inconveinence to others.

For all you Grass Valley/Auburn folks... (hmmmm.... two of us...)

Hey don't leave us Foresthillians out.......

Of course, we don't do snow runs, we've had to fight just to get to work everyday!

CRASH

Back