• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cb radio thoughs needed

DesertRunner

NAXJA Forum User
so ive beed doing my research thought i would run this by my fellow jeepers. im looking for a cb that will be tiny something i can mount and wont be constantly in the way! ive found two that look promising: they both are tiny, have weather channels,

these are the only i can find with mic mounted controls thus eliminating the giant box!

first the one car only model:
75WXST.png

cobra radio

or the mobile radio:
75822_Lg.jpg

midland cb radio

i would be buying them from ebay or amazon most likely depending on where i can get the best price. they both will have a roof mounted antenna the midland radio i can just unplug and put in my other rig which is a plus but i dont want that to be the swinging factor.

what do you guys think? im open to other suggestions this is just what ive found...
thanks,
chad

Go with the first one I hear those are great. You can also get another one of the hidden modules and move the radio from vehicle to vehicle plus they have the NOAA channels.

I've got the first one, and have had it for years. Does what it's suppose to and it is pretty compact both in handset and base unit. The base unit is volumetrically about the size of a box of cigarrettes, and you can hide it most anywhere in your XJ.

Yeap,I run the Cobra in both rigs(the extra box is only 20$).Saves a ton of room and thats critical in an XJ.Mine are mounted under the center console.
P1050606.jpg

Last edited:
I have the Midland and like it. While I usually take a GMRS/FMRS 18-mile radio when hiking, sometimes I don't have it when wheeling, but the Midland always goes with me in the XJ and I just slap on the battery pack when the mood strikes me to explore on foot. Also, if I break down or get stuck I can hike out with the Midland without having to carry the XJ's battery under my arm. :D :D

i usually run a cobra from walmart for 40 bucks. mounted it on my last xj on the passenger side of the concil and never gave anyone a fit. cheap and small. worked wonders for what i used it for too. only down fall is that it doesnt have NOAA channels ):

Back