• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CB radio mounted in XJ

meengreen

NAXJA Forum User
I'm not sure if this is considered Off-topic or not. I'm sure someone has installed a CB in an XJ. I have a Ranger 2590 that I want to install in my '01 XJ. For those not familiar it is the same size as the Cobra 148. The only diferance is the mic socket is on the front not the side. Space is very limited in an XJ. Has anybody figured out a trick way to mount one of these larger radios? Any ideas will be apreciated.:spin1:

bolted mine to the top of the dash right above the radio in my 90, its about 1/8 away from the windshield and sticks out about 1" from the edge of the dash, its a cobra wxstII, sorry no pics, camera died

Here's how I mounted mine...

P1010094.jpg

P1010095.jpg

Search and you shall recieve. There must be honestly no exageration at leased 90 threads, with pics, with instructions on this topic.

/thread

mdl said:
Search and you shall recieve. There must be honestly no exageration at leased 90 threads, with pics, with instructions on this topic.

/thread

Thanks. I will search and see what comes up.

MogifiedXJ, nice install. I still have my headliner in place. If I get ambicious this winter, maybe I can pull it down put in the steel backing plate behind it. Thanks for the pics!!

If you are lucky enough to have a stick, you can pull out the ash tray and mount it there in front of the stick.
In an auto the shift handle sits to close in park.

I have my Uniden mounted to the passenger side of the center console.

57892253-IMG_0006.JPG

That is where I had mine mounted in my '87 XJ. It was OK but it did get in the way of the passenger sometimes, and I had to be carefull the mic cord didn't knock it out of gear. I might end up mounting it back there because it is the easiest and most logical place to put it.

Back