• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cat removal

XJ Saga,

thanks for your input, I never heard of carsound... where ya get it and how much? As for the muffler... what company? I have used Flowmasters before when I had my 5.0L mustang, so I am familiar with them. Any other company specializes in XJ's exhaust or just stick with name brands?

dogtired said:
XJ Saga,

thanks for your input, I never heard of carsound... where ya get it and how much? As for the muffler... what company? I have used Flowmasters before when I had my 5.0L mustang, so I am familiar with them. Any other company specializes in XJ's exhaust or just stick with name brands?

Carsound makes high flow catalytic convertors for just about every car including our XJ's. Many online and well known performance sites sell them as does Kolak on the JU forum, also you can get them on ebay too. As for the muffler Flowmaster's are very good, Gibson, Borla, and Banks are all equally on par

Regarding my previous post, I meant to say that the stock cat is the same as a V8 ZJ, it sort of sounded as if I meant the carsound cat. ;)

Isnt carsound the guys that sell some cats on ebay for SUPER cheap?

XJ Saga, you ever ran your XJ at the track?

mmmm I love 14 second XJs :D

hjeepxj said:
Isnt carsound the guys that sell some cats on ebay for SUPER cheap?

XJ Saga, you ever ran your XJ at the track?

mmmm I love 14 second XJs :D

Yep, I do believe carsound had the big sale going on ebay for $40. No tracktime yet, just 0-60 runs and 60ft times. Consistent mid to hi sixes 0-60, and 2.1 60ft, I'm pacing myself ;)

XJ Saga said:
Yep, I do believe carsound had the big sale going on ebay for $40. No tracktime yet, just 0-60 runs and 60ft times. Consistent mid to hi sixes 0-60, and 2.1 60ft, I'm pacing myself ;)

:D

Keep us posted if you go to the track :D

Don't forget the MagnaFlow Performance mufflers they are completely flow through and sound great. they have 14" and 18" for the xj. I just installed the 18" five days ago with 2.5" cat back pipeing and i'm getting deep,rich tones at idle and lower speeds and at highway speeds its almost invisible. cost was $100.00 installed. Also go to www.go.jeep-xj.info/ for more info on exhaust tech. worth considering. Good luck, AZGOLDXJ.

Last edited:
Alright, let me get this straight because I'm still a little unsure. I was planning on replacing my cat and muffler soon. So it's not necessary for me to replace the cat on my 2001 XJ with a highflow cat? So I can just replace the muffler w/ another highflow version and that should be enough? Is this right? Thanks for the clarification.

June

I've confirmed for myself that a highflow cat is well worth your time/money even for 01's. I say go for it.

Back