• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cat question

go to performancepeddlers.com and order a direct fit one. I got mine for $86 shipped.

It really depends on the age of the car. Most obd1 (pre 96) can use standard cats the obd2 years are more perticular at work we buy cats from miller catalizer and just weld them in. All they need to know is the year make and model and which cat it is if there are multiple cats

His profile says his Jeep is a 93.

Call a few local muffler shops and ask them for a quote. The best price I found was at Plaza Muffler - $200 for a Magnaflow cat installed.

I ended up getting a Magnaflow cat installed for $100. The State paid for the rest. :) Oh, and I was told that OBDI vehicles now need OBDII cats. Don't know if that is true.

Well, if you can get a direct fit one, then you should be able to unbolt your current one and bolt the new one in.

I roll an '88 with a universal one and it passes every time, but that's not to say someone else's would, as well. It's well-known that I'm the luckiest individual on the planet, so who knows?

I think mine is clogged pretty badly again, though, and so it's time to weld another one up. Sigh.

My 85 Nissan truck required a $280 CARB approved cat. Bought it at Kragen and had it welded by a muffler shop for $40. My XJ got a free one from Chrysler through the E22 recall.

I just installed a magnaflow cat and muffler yesterday Sounds Great! Had to smuggle in the cat from my in laws because it is a 49 state version. Moving to WA in a few months so I dont have to worry about CA smog anymore . YEA!

Back