• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cat install question

kenny811

NAXJA Forum User
So my jeep passed DEQ but got failed because no cat. Whats the cheap? I dont want to weld one in, I was thinking of getting a clamp on cheap one. Take it back and it should pass. Anyone else have this issue???

Car sound/Magnaflow bolt-in cat should be around 150$ ish.

Car sound/Magnaflow bolt-in cat should be around 150$ ish.
I run one of these.. with a turn down.. Legal and non restrictive..

You could also By-pass DEQ all together, By "Parking" the vehicle at a relatives house outside of the portland scam..err, DEQ service area..

I like $50. Auto zone has a univ. for 70.

But I also like torxs idea!!! I can get one at the mall parking lot, from a Toyota!!!!!

I'm gonna be pulling the one on my diesel..

It's about 18" long and the size of a watermelon.. You should just booger weld it on to the end of your tail pipe and go back to deq :wave:

If I can help it I don't want to weld anything to my exhaust. Im going to find an old one if I can, cut it half and clamp it around the pipe. It already passed the emissions, they just need to think its on there!!!!

I run one of these.. with a turn down.. Legal and non restrictive..

You could also By-pass DEQ all together, By "Parking" the vehicle at a relatives house outside of the portland scam..err, DEQ service area..

How do you get away with the pipe not all the way to the rear of the jeep? In Washington it the guy can see the tail pipe he wont even get on the ground to stick the probe in, he just fails you. That's why I have a tail pipe:huh:

DEQ
:wstupid:

Last time I went in (in Oregon) they don't do sniffer tests. Just plug a computer in and that's it.

They do however have mirrors and such so if they don't see a cat then you 'fail'

How do you get away with the pipe not all the way to the rear of the jeep? In Washington it the guy can see the tail pipe he wont even get on the ground to stick the probe in, he just fails you. That's why I have a tail pipe:huh:

In WA if you have OBDII they don't even bother with the sniffer. On my 1998 the exhaust is turned down right after the muffler and they don't even look at it.

Back